Like Tree7Likes

Getting deported (Right to Land)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Getting deported (Right to Land)

I am just curious, does this happen much? If so, for what?

Eg, If I have RTL and get drunk and get into a scuffle and punch someone in the face, does that mean deportation? Does it need to have a minimum kind of custodial sentence for the deportation?

As far as I know the immigration department cant deport a RTL holder, only the Chief Executive? Are deportation orders generally temporary? or what?

I'm purely asking out of curiosity, not planning on doing anything.

I think you'd have to do something pretty major to get deported: like blow up a building or criticise Beijing or something like that.

Also dont pee on the streets.

Stu79 and Tom007 like this.

If you defy a judge, you can be deported or asked to leave. I know someone who was involved in a personal injuries case. Judge order the defendant to pay medical costs. Defendant said no. Next thing we know defendant is packing his bags.

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    I think you'd have to do something pretty major to get deported: like blow up a building or criticise Beijing or something like that.
    Probably more like the latter. When you blow up a building (or set fire at the immigration building), you get rewarded with permanent residency...

http://therealnewshk.wordpress.com/2...s-hk-resident/

tabletop
    Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    Probably more like the latter. When you blow up a building (or set fire at the immigration building), you get rewarded with permanent residency...

http://therealnewshk.wordpress.com/2...s-hk-resident/
    I don't understand... Don't you need to live 7 years in HK and be on good behavior to get Permanent Residency? Didn't know you could blow up a building, get someone killed and still get it. I've been behaving well for 7 years for nothing! I could have had so much fun...

Has anyone who holds the "Right to Land" successfully re-applied for the "Right of Abode" after 7 years of continuously ordinary residence?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dossier:
    Has anyone who holds the "Right to Land" successfully re-applied for the "Right of Abode" after 7 years of continuously ordinary residence?

Thanks
    I was under the impression that this was relatively routine. In fact, I just read about someone else who just successfully applied for ROA on these forums after living in HK for 7 years with RTL.... I'll see if I can dig up the original post.

Here it is: https://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/...ml#post3047021
    Last edited by IceEagle; 06-03-2015 at 02:44 AM.

Yip that's me

Issued RTL about 8 years ago.
    Hit the 7 years in January and filled relevant forms and saw them Tuesday to show my passport and HKID and sign a few forms and photo taken and thumb scans. And thats it.

Wait 14 days for new card and all done

emx and dumbdonkey like this.

Thanks Jimbo. What did you need to show immd to submit the roa application?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast