British visitor 180 day visa question

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

An employer sponsors the employment visa; some employers are not unwilling to go through the hassle thus will not consider anyone who requires sponsorship.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Provided you can get the job described "right" - fairly easy. We got somebody in who could easily have failed the test if they had wanted to strictly enforce it and no problems.
    Thanks for your reply.

I am a law graduate from the UK, and have spent a couple of years in Beijing and now speak decent Mandarin. I'm hoping to find work as a paralegal or something similar - any gut feelings over whether this plan is realistic?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by huwmjones:
    Thanks for your reply.

I am a law graduate from the UK, and have spent a couple of years in Beijing and now speak decent Mandarin. I'm hoping to find work as a paralegal or something similar - any gut feelings over whether this plan is realistic?

Cheers.
    Most of our paralegals are foreign nationals. If you have experience working as a paralegal you should be fine.

That sounds easy. My example was a plain old secretary/admin person (and she didnt even speak chinese of any form....). Mind you, she was essential to us but it's hard to explain how "she knows us and our wierd, hard to fathom, expat habits" is that important!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hello_there:
    Most of our paralegals are foreign nationals. If you have experience working as a paralegal you should be fine.
    I've not worked as a paralegal before, but have good academics and a couple of years experience in other fields, which hopefully can distinguish me from others.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    That sounds easy. My example was a plain old secretary/admin person (and she didnt even speak chinese of any form....). Mind you, she was essential to us but it's hard to explain how "she knows us and our wierd, hard to fathom, expat habits" is that important!!!
    He he, I think on the Mainland, it's traditionally been quite easy to get the work permit without too much explanation, but it's now getting harder...

Thanks for your help!