Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By drumbrake

British Passport/HKID with no stars for Chinese VISA

Closed Thread

British Passport/HKID with no stars for Chinese VISA

Hello all,

First post. I have a British Passport and a HKID card with no stars and wish to get a visa to China. I've always done my visa application to China direct here in the U.K. but as I will be travelling to Hong Kong first, I want to know how will they process my visa application if I do it in H.K.

My flights have been booked so London to H.K., H.K. to Beijing in between, Beijing to H.K. and then finally H.K. to London. But when I come back from Beijing to H.K., I wish to book a flight to Xiamen so I don't know whether I should book now or book when I get to H.K.

I have done my visa in H.K. before with my parents but this was long ago so I do not know what has changed.

I know I am not entitled for a home return pass as I have no H.K. passport (my brother has one grr!!) and I am not entitled for the 72 hour free transit (although I am only staying for 3 days but I will be returning back to H.K. so this not apply).

So how will this work and how much will cost and how long does it take? I believe they won't take my HKID into consideration.

The prices for China visas in the U.K. are around £119.00 for a double entry which takes about a week (I don't fly until end of July) .

Many help appreciated, thanks.

See here for prices: http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/fwxx/wgrqz/t279937.htm

HK$540 for a double entry (if you are going to Beijing, then back to HK, then on to Xiamen). Takes 4 working days, or pay more and get in 24 hours.

With the 72 hours free transit you need to be going to a third city after China, not back to the original city - e.g -Hong Kong - Beijing - Tokyo.

There is high speed train to Xiamen now, from Shenzhen. Worth considering. Or book a flight online.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Takes 4 working days, or pay more and get in 24 hours.
    I heard it's now 4 days nomatterwhat - no more fast service.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    I heard it's now 4 days nomatterwhat - no more fast service.
    Even if the Visa Office does not offer the express service, I think agents can still get a visa in a day. For example http://www.fbt-chinavisa.com.hk/services.html

Are your flights changeable? A return to Macau would be sufficient to qualify for the 72 hour transit arrangement. Providing of course you are departing within 72 hours...

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

My tickets are already booked. Will arrive H.K. on 30th July and stay for 7 days before leaving for Beijing. Will that be long enough for the visa application in H.K.?

Quote Originally Posted by rkc86:
    My tickets are already booked. Will arrive H.K. on 30th July and stay for 7 days before leaving for Beijing. Will that be long enough for the visa application in H.K.?
    Yes, at most it will take 4 working days.

Quote Originally Posted by rkc86:
    7 days is plenty, just get the application process started as soon as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    ... think agents can still get a visa in a day. For example http://www.fbt-chinavisa.com.hk/services.html
    FTB definitely can't (I asked them). The problem is that those guys don't update their websites.
    As far as I know there is no more express service available at all. If someone knows one, please share.