On Enter Visa holder looking to overstay

On Enter Visa holder looking to overstay

I have a on enter visa (b/c I am a US citzen) currently and will most likely overstay around 10 days. Is there a option to get an extension or do I need to leave the country for a few days and come back?

Thanks!

You don't need to exit HK to get an extension, although that allows you to stay longer upon re-entering HK (if you have a US passport). You can just go to the Immigration Department and apply for and extension. It costs $135 and you usually get 1 month only, instead of 3 months if you leave HK and come back in again.
    Don't think it's a good idea to deliberately overstay as that may affect your future chances of being in HK.

If only for 11 days overstay... suggest you to pay HK$135 when visiting Immi tower. A return trip to Macau is more expensive. And again, HK immigration service is top of the bill.
    JP

Unless you want to use the Macau experience and bring in some cigs and booz. :-))

Thanks

Yo guys, thanks for the information!

Bear in mind that if you go to Macau for less than 24 hours then your duty free allowance is zero (at least, it is as a HK resident - not certain for tourists) and even for longer out the allowance is hardly huge.

Correct Berry,
    Experienced that 1 month ago!
    For tourists it's ok (200 cigs & 1 litre of alcoholic drinks).
    For HK residents, who stay longer than 24h duty free allowance is 60 cigs, 1 bottle of wine, however, NO 'strong' alcoholics like gin etc...