Like Tree2Likes

Dependent visa applying from abroad

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Frankly if you can't manage the dependant visa process yourself I don't see how you would meet the employment visa criterion for being able to do a job that a local couldn't.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Thank you all for your replies.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Dependent visa applying from abroad

Quote Originally Posted by Fleetingly:
    Frankly if you can't manage the dependant visa process yourself I don't see how you would meet the employment visa criterion for being able to do a job that a local couldn't.
    No offense, but its not about if I can do it or not !!
    I missed to tell my situation wherein I might not be reachable at the same address or number.. As I will be traveling to few places.

I don't know if immigration will try n reach me on different numbers at different times. However if I appoint a local service provider, then I can provide few alternate contacts to reach me for any issue.

I know contacting (by immigration ) is required only if there is any document missing or some supporting docs required.

Last edited by cliffoz; 18-06-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Hi cliffoz,
    Finally i have someone who is in similar situation. Also applied Dependent visa via Agent . A week more and that is complete 3 months frm submition of my documents . what is ur case chiffoz ? Already applied or planning ?

Hi Leehang,

Yes I have applied this week.
    But still not sure how soon will it get through !!

Sorry to know that its taking so long for you.. What do the immigration say for delay ? your agency checked with them ?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The length it takes seems to depend on the passport. According to feedback here, certain passports are taking 6 months. Other passports are taking weeks.

We both are from Nepal. Our Agent said will take around 3 months but going through this page people from my country and other asian countries are taking long to get it (the quickest is 6 months). So no choice other then to wait . Good Luck to you my friend !!!

I forgot to update .. I received the dependent visa in about 6 weeks and my family was able to fly with me to HK.

shri likes this.