Like Tree2Likes

Dependent visa applying from abroad

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dependent visa applying from abroad

Hello Everyone,

1. My work permit is received and joining in HK after two months.
    2. We were unable to apply dependent visa for my wife n daughter as my new born daughter's passport was in process that time.
    3. Now i receive my daughters passport and want to apply for my dependent visa for my wife and daughter so that they can fly with me.

Need your suggestion on how to go about it and is it OK to apply through HK-local agents?
    My wife found few agencies that can help applying

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

You don't need an agent it's very straightforward. Just complete the forms, send copies of everything they ask for and post it to immgration.

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    You don't need an agent it's very straightforward. Just complete the forms, send copies of everything they ask for and post it to immgration.
    I am worried about delay in communication if there is anything missing or any supportive document required.

I heard they send you written communication in such cases.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The major delays in visa issuance seem to be due to the applicant's origin.

Dependents of work visas are probably the least contentious providing you are married to the opposite sex and can prove it. Quit worrying.

Sent from my SM-N900 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by cliffoz:
    I am worried about delay in communication if there is anything missing or any supportive document required.

I fail to see how using an agent will make the process any faster? In fact it may slow things down as this means another layer of communication between the immigration department and yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffoz:

It's all in here. http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/services/h...html#checklist

Provide everything they ask for (in English), fill in the form, double-check against the guidelines then post it all to them. If you have a fax number then put it on the application form, that seems to be their preferred way of contacting people.

>> I fail to see how using an agent will make the process any faster?

Many large corporations prefer to use service providers who know the procedures / requirements of various immigration departments across the globe.

If you're dealing with a reputable provider, it is emotionally cheaper to have them put the paper work through.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:

Many large corporations prefer to use service providers who know the procedures / requirements of various immigration departments across the globe.

If you're dealing with a reputable provider, it is emotionally cheaper to have them put the paper work through.
    Our experience was completely the opposite. they added weeks to the process completely unnecessarily. been doing DIY ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:

Well the OP does not sound to be working for a large corporation, as their option is to do it themselves or find an agent themselves...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast