Like Tree221Likes

Current work visa processing time

Closed Thread
Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 ... LastLast

Hi everyone,

Been reading a lot about the visa application and I'm going to apply for my work visa next week and trying to get all my duck in a row.

I would like to know if I have all the documents they need so it will all go smoothly. I'm applying for a job that requires English and great communiation skills, one of the reasons they are hiring me is that I speak Russian too and have experience in content writing. They have looked for months for a new employee but haven't found anyone suitable. I have Estonian passport and the salary isn't very high unfortunately but it's okay. The majority of employees are local and they have had success in sponsoring a work visa for a foreigner.

So I have my both applications, one filled by my employee and one by myself. My CV and my education diploma, recommendations from two previous employees, the employment contract, Business Registration Certificate and the company is going to provide me with some other needed documents from their side.

I'm just really nervous about submitting it, some get their visas so easily and some get denied.

Am I missing something or I shouldn't worry and just go and apply for it.

Thank you for any advice!

Quote Originally Posted by StinaLilleke:
    Hi everyone,

Been reading a lot about the visa application and I'm going to apply for my work visa next week and trying to get all my duck in a row.

I would like to know if I have all the documents they need so it will all go smoothly. I'm applying for a job that requires English and great communiation skills, one of the reasons they are hiring me is that I speak Russian too and have experience in content writing. They have looked for months for a new employee but haven't found anyone suitable. I have Estonian passport and the salary isn't very high unfortunately but it's okay. The majority of employees are local and they have had success in sponsoring a work visa for a foreigner.

So I have my both applications, one filled by my employee and one by myself. My CV and my education diploma, recommendations from two previous employees, the employment contract, Business Registration Certificate and the company is going to provide me with some other needed documents from their side.

I'm just really nervous about submitting it, some get their visas so easily and some get denied.

Am I missing something or I shouldn't worry and just go and apply for it.

Thank you for any advice!
    Stop worrying. Your employer seems to have done his work. Just submit and wait.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I would like to ask you how much does it take to get an official visa confirmation via post after your visa status is approved?

What do you mean by official confirmation? @Kiku - your visa sticker or acknowledgement of receipt?

To follow up, my visa has just been approved, I'm over the moon!

Admitted documents on June 6th,
    Got a confirmation receipt on June 22th,
    Asked for additional documents in the first week of July.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

@blueberrie Hi, if you dont mind, may I ask what's your job and if your salary is above the said "unofficial" minimum HKD20,000 per month?

Quote Originally Posted by Katniss:
    @blueberrie Hi, if you dont mind, may I ask what's your job and if your salary is above the said "unofficial" minimum HKD20,000 per month?
    Hi Katniss, I'll be working in media and yes, my salary is above 20K
    Katniss likes this.

@shri What I mean is that my online visa status says 'approved' but my employer didn't get any notification so he says that until he gets the 'official letter' he can't collect my visa from Immigration office.

Hi all, just thought this would be helpful.

Visa application: 2/5/2018
    Visa refused: 30/5/2018
    Appeal: 6/6/2018
    Additional docs: 18/7/2018
    (Immi didnt ask for it officially, but my HR send it and mentioning every highlights again)
    Visa approval: 24/7/2018

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Katniss:
    Hi all, just thought this would be helpful.

Visa application: 2/5/2018
    Visa refused: 30/5/2018
    Appeal: 6/6/2018
    Additional docs: 18/7/2018
    (Immi didnt ask for it officially, but my HR send it and mentioning every highlights again)
    Visa approval: 24/7/2018
    congrats! may I ask why did they reject your application back in May?

Closed Thread
Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 ... LastLast