Like Tree221Likes

Current work visa processing time

Closed Thread
Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 43 ... LastLast

@blueberrie Thanks! They rejected me for quite a few reasons. Mainly because I don't have any working experience and HR didn't really prove/show them how proficiency in a foreign language is required for this job and how the company's unable to find suitable candidates among the locals. Secondly, it was also because the salary was too low (slightly below 20k) but it can't be too high because after all it's an entry level position. But the company was nice enough to give me a raise so that it hits the unofficial minimum. When we appealed, we also submitted a portfolio of my extra curricular activities in university and how it helps to compensate my lack of solid working experience (I have 5 months of internship experience tho). My HR wrote a pretty comprehensive cover letter telling the immi how they've reviewed over hundreds of profiles for the position but was unable to find suitable candidate. But my HR didn't send in CVs of other candidates for comparison because it violates the privacy rule. Hope I answered your question

shri likes this.

it's very nice that you got a happy ending in the end, I had the impression that the appeals rarely get through based on what I've read.

Hello everybody, can anybody of you tell me how accurate the online visa status is? I'm talking about the case when your status shows approved but your employer never got a fax/letter notification about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiku:
    Hello everybody, can anybody of you tell me how accurate the online visa status is? I'm talking about the case when your status shows approved but your employer never got a fax/letter notification about it.
    It should be accurate and should not have any difference to the notification both you and your employer receives.
    Once approved there is zero chance it will change once received by your employer.
    From my experience, the employer receives the letter/notification even before the online application status is updated.
    shri likes this.

@kamoteboy911 Thanks a lot for your reply. I guess the situation is a bit unusual, it's been 2 weeks since my online status was changed to "approved" and so far my employer hasn't received the notification yet. However, I hope the online system is credible and the lack of the letter is just a casual postal mistake.

@kamoteboy911 Thanks a lot for your reply. I guess the situation is a bit unusual, it's been 2 weeks since my online status was changed to "approved" and so far my employer hasn't received the notification yet. However, I hope the online system is credible and the lack of the letter is just a casual postal mistake.
    Just as likely your employer has mislaid it, forgot to check their mailbox or various other reasons..... depending on who they are/how big etc!

@HK_Katherine It's a tiny company and from what I heard they simply haven't received any notification and they're trying to figure the situation to make sure the online status is not a mistake.

@HK_Katherine It's a tiny company and from what I heard they simply haven't received any notification and they're trying to figure the situation to make sure the online status is not a mistake.
    A tiny company unused to making applications probably ticked the box that the notification was to come to you. I hope you put an address (overseas) that actually receives mail.....

I would ring them up (Immigration) and say you have not seen any mail and could they confirm when / where they sent it....

Just to add a new data point.

Submitted work visa application: 6 July 2018
    Received visa: 14 August 2018.

Submitted 23rd July, received 18th Aug.
    Huge company with a history of hiring from abroad, so they clearly knew what they were doing.

Closed Thread
Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 43 ... LastLast