Like Tree221Likes

Current work visa processing time

Closed Thread
Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 63 ... LastLast

Hi everyone,
    So I submit my application for a work visa (entry level position as analyst in a Fortune 500 firm) mid June, and have not yet heard back in terms of my visa approval. I recently just graduated university and have a degree from the exact field the department is in.
    HR is handling all visa processes but it has now been 10 weeks since original application. I waited 6 weeks from application only to hear back for a request for further documents (not clarified by HR) in week 6, and since then, it has been 4 weeks and no news.
    Could anyone assess the situation to see if this is most likely a situation where my visa will be declined?

@HannahB

Entry level will be hard to qualify for a GEP visa. They are possibly doing due diligence asking employer to prove they have tried and failed to hire locally in this case. I would push this through the HR at your prospective employer.

HR has hired many entry level analysts for the firm in their history and are quite familiar with providing such proof - could the delays perhaps be caused by the current protesting situation in HK? Not sure why else it is still being processed, almost reach month 3 of waiting..

I’ve been waiting for 10 weeks as well. My friend just got denied after waiting since May.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahB:
    HR has hired many entry level analysts for the firm in their history and are quite familiar with providing such proof - could the delays perhaps be caused by the current protesting situation in HK? Not sure why else it is still being processed, almost reach month 3 of waiting..
    Then push it back to HR. Why aren't they questioning and following up? It's not difficult to get in touch with a case officer. Maybe they are being more careful right now as there is the chance with businesses moving (I've already heard of 3 businesses moving to Singapore) they want to ensure local talent is given the best opportunity in the labour pool?

Not sure, but 3 months is a whale of a long time for a visa for a company which is used to hiring into HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimichica:
    I’ve been waiting for 10 weeks as well. My friend just got denied after waiting since May.
    Did immigration potentially state why your friend got declined after waiting so long?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    Then push it back to HR. Why aren't they questioning and following up? It's not difficult to get in touch with a case officer. Maybe they are being more careful right now as there is the chance with businesses moving (I've already heard of 3 businesses moving to Singapore) they want to ensure local talent is given the best opportunity in the labour pool?

Not sure, but 3 months is a whale of a long time for a visa for a company which is used to hiring into HK.
    HR appears to have been following up pretty consistently in the last few weeks but immigration only can really tell them that its processing and not exactly what is causing delays it seems :/

Delay is either something wrong with the applicant or the employer. If it isn't one then it's the other. Immd will only share the delay with the relevant person.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Delay is either something wrong with the applicant or the employer. If it isn't one then it's the other. Immd will only share the delay with the relevant person.
    The relevant person being HR in charge of visa procedures or the actual applicant?
    I'm wondering if I should obtain my visa reference number from HR to give immigration a call on the reason behind the delay myself..

“Not from English speaking country”. Job was performing arts teacher.

Closed Thread
Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 63 ... LastLast