Like Tree221Likes

Current work visa processing time

Closed Thread
Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 52 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry852:
    Are you a native English speaker ? What’s your native language? What position are you applying for? Maybe I could help... I also work in education and got connections
    I’m a performing artist and the job is Musical Theatre/Performance Arts teacher. I am from the Philippines. I am not looking for a job as an English teacher although I do have a TESOL certification. I’ve been a performer (theatre) for 25 years. I was in the opening team of HK Disneyland as a principal singer. Played the lead roles in both the Golden Mickeys and Festival of the Lion King.

It would be great if you could hook me up with schools offering performing arts. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mimichica:
    My visa got denied yesterday. Employer failed to justify the need to bring in an expat. This is a small English centre, not HKU. Employer will appeal.
    Sorry to hear that hope that you can get your appeal. Should I contact HKID myself with the application reference number that I have or just let my employer do the talking?

Quote Originally Posted by match_d:
    Sorry to hear that hope that you can get your appeal. Should I contact HKID myself with the application reference number that I have or just let my employer do the talking?
    I did call HKID once just to check if they’ve received my requirements. The officer was very polite but he did say that they will contact the employer should they need anything else (I took that as his polite way of saying “don’t call us again” haha).

Quote Originally Posted by Mimichica:
    I did call HKID once just to check if they’ve received my requirements. The officer was very polite but he did say that they will contact the employer should they need anything else (I took that as his polite way of saying “don’t call us again” haha).
    haha that sounds like it. Is this the number? (852) 2824 6111 and can we ask in english?

Quote Originally Posted by match_d:
    haha that sounds like it. Is this the number? (852) 2824 6111 and can we ask in english?
    This is the number I called: (852) 2829 4125. Yes, they speak English.

Immigration informed HR with a timeline on final result date after submission of final requested documents! 1-2 weeks was given

According to Stephen Barnes - the Hong Kong Visa Geeza in his Aug 29 update things are slowing down at Immigration versus my era in HK - they always met and delivered on their time lines if you did it right.

I know Stephen is distressed over what is going on in HK right now but he concludes following this update that Immigration are checking backgrounds and social media versus the old days where that was simply not part of the process.

His website on Aug 29 said this in part:

"In the last 2 weeks or so I have been asked to advise on or have had reported to me the following ‘extraordinary’ visa application and Immigration Department enforcement scenarios:

(1) Routine employment visa extension of stay applications which usually complete in one day are now being treated ‘by letter’ meaning that ImmD are not treating such extensions as merely administrative but are undertaking more extensive background checks under the security component of the General Employment Policy.

(2) Routine employment visa applications for foreign national teachers are now taking so long to finalize that the start of School term will be missed (an absolute no-no in normal times).

(3) Continuing ImmD raids on F+B premises, seeking to ensure that all foreigners working there are doing so lawfully.

(4) Stringent assessment of frequent visitors here tending to stay more than 180 days cumulatively in Hong Kong over a 12 month period."

Plutark and Fiona in HKG like this.

Damn this means it's going to be much longer than usual... plus the long weekend in the first week oct

Football16 likes this.

If the HK Visa Geeza is right - and I've never known him to be wrong on HK Immigration issues - there's an entire new world about to be vested upon those getting work visas and renewals. Not hard to extrapolate from China social credit system that HK would start moving closer to checking social media.

Yes I’ve heard from many people than the ID is quite busy these weeks and most of the applications are delayed. Last time that I spoke with the officer he told me that it will he a matter of few days and one week later still no updates... tried to call but he doesn’t pick up the phone since monday... I really feel sorry for them, they are obviously overwhelmed. They are usually super fast and efficient, I already got 2 visas here and it was never that long... good luck everyone!

Closed Thread
Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 52 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast