Like Tree221Likes

Current work visa processing time

Closed Thread
Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 55 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 LastLast

For reference my visa was approved after 6 weeks

shri likes this.

You should have less than 0 issues with visa if your employer is pricewaterhousecooper

Quote Originally Posted by expataus:
    Yep, the company is one of the US techs, I think the Hong Kong office is fairly small but globally the company is sizeable and well-recognised.
    you should have less than 0 issusz if your company is pricewaterhousecooper

we work in the same industry. I used to work at Accenture in canada now left to go wavestone hk

Hello,

I worked in Hong Kong for 2 years and 3 months before resigning and take a new job. With my previous experience in Europe, this totals to 4.5+ years of experience in the same industry.

It has been over 6 weeks that my new company applied for a new visa on my behalf. My new salary is HK$50,000 per month.

How long is it suppose to take? Last time it took 7 weeks but it was in April-May, which is a period with a lot of bank holiday... and it was my first visa application from overseas.

About working visa processing time!

Hi all, I haven’t seen any post recently. Just wondering If anyone had the experience of application recently and how long did it take?

my schedule:
    Applied on 11/11.
    Received the reference number on 11/18.

From my limited experience, it depends a lot on the country you come from (eg EU is faster than non-EU and a lot faster than some Asian countries), and the sponsorship (if applicable).

If they want, they can have many questions they can ask. If you have an employer who can help to push a bit, that really helps.

@q132546 - have merged your post into this thread. As mentioned earlier

Things that affect the application

- Your qualifications for the job and salary
    - Diligence by your employer to find a local candidate, or if it an internal transfer (faster)
    - The quality of paperwork submitted by your employer (complete and overwhelming in justifying your suitability over local candidates)

Hello,

I'm also waiting on my employment visa.

Applied 19/11/2019
    Reference Received 21/11/2019

Having done a bit of reading, the 4 week window only counts once they have 'received all necessary paperwork', they could ask for more paperwork from either myself or my employer and it will be 4 weeks from the date these details are provided.

I've also been told there is a general delay to all government items due to the ongoing issues this year.

Have you received any news since asking your question?

Hi All,

I haven't seen any post recently. Given the IMMD has resumed all the visa services this week, has anyone heard anything from them since then?

My application was submitted on Feb 11th.

I had one pending before they stopped processing, had been depending on it being issued by 15 Feb to transfer him into Hong Kong. Luckily it was an inter-company transfer so I didn't have someone sitting on the sidelines out of work and waiting to come over.

After the return to work on Monday, the visa was issued yesterday. Great result from Immigration Department.

shri likes this.