visitor visa extension

Closed Thread

Thumbs up visitor visa extension

hi
    i hv two queries

i have come into HK on an employment permit for 4 months from aug 3rd to dec 2nd. my employment permit reads like this

"IMMIGRATION HONG KONG
    SL NO
    MY NAME
    DATE OF VISA

GOOD FOR A SINGLE JOURNEY TO HONG KONG
    VALID FOR PRESENTATION ON OR BEFORE 08-10-08
    PROVIDED TRAVEL DOCUMENT IS VALID
    EMPLOYMENT 4 MONTHS

FEE PAID HK$160.00 08-07-08

and when i entered on 3rd august, the immigration officer at the HK airport
    stamped it
    the stamp read - journey completed

and also another stamp which read
    EMPLOYMENT - PERMITTED TO REMAIN UNTIL 03-12-2008

and a sticker reading
    THE LIMIT AND CONDITIONS OF STAY, IF ANY, IMPOSED ON OU WILL, UNLESS EXPIRED, CANCELLED, VARIED, CURTAILED OR FOR WHATEVER REASON BECOMES INVALID, APPLY TO ANY SUBSEQUENT LANDING IN HONG KONG WITHIN THE CURRENCY OF THE LIMIT OF STAY.

now my doubt is whether with this visa and stamping, can i go out of hong kong and return to HK, can i go to macau or shenzen or bangkok and return back

my second doubt is, my wife and kid wants to visit me and stay with me for 1 month, but the indian passport holder would get only a 14 day visitor visa, my doubt is can she come into HK with this 14 day visa and then apply for an extension
    how easy is the extension, what can be the possible reason for extension, what proof should be provided, what are the papers needed, and is all this realistic
    becos if the visa is just for 14 days then i would spend a good 1000 euros to get them down.
    pls respond

this is done on a case by case basis and for more accurate information I recommend that you pay a visit to Immigration tower in Wan Chai to inquire.

you can come and go as you please with your visa. Visitor's etc. are all one on one basis. Go to immigration tower or give them a call.

they can do visa run by exiting hk through macau and then just come back to hongkong on the same day or the day after.

Quote Originally Posted by prettynvain:
    they can do visa run by exiting hk through macau and then just come back to hongkong on the same day or the day after.
    Though this is likely to be granted please be aware that it is not automatic and they are getting tougher on this.