Getting Perm. Id Card (parents have HKIDs)

  1. #1

    Getting Perm. Id Card (parents have HKIDs)

    Hi, I don't think I'm the only one who got confused by the whole process of being able to work in HK. So I wanna ask a question and also let ppl know if the questions I had when I tried to apply and their answers.

    My question is:
    1. After having been verified for eligibility of PIC, they say they would notify you for further formalities once u are verified. Does further formalities, mean the application of the PIC? If not, then we have to further make an application for a PIC. Do they issue a temp PIC right away? If further formalities means that we are automatically applied for the PIC, then does it still take 10 working days? And do we get issued a temp PIC?

    2. If your application for verification of the eligibility of PIC is rejected, will they let you know?

    Some questions and answers I have encountered so far:
    1. What do you need to be able to work in HK? It's right here. The flow chart at the bottom says that you either have to have a PIC, or a non-PIC + a travel doc that says u can work, like a work visa.

    2. What do you need to do to get PIC? You need to apply for verification of eligbility for PIC.

    3. What is chinese nationality? It's at this link here. You might need to know this when you fill out the ROP 145 form for verification of eligibility.

    4. What is Right of Abode? It's here. You don't really need to know this definition to work in HK. It just further describes the PIC as opposed to the non-PIC. As long as u follow the thing in Q1 then u should be fine in understanding it.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2003

    1 Immigration will send you a letter informing you of your success or failure. If successful, you need to go and get a new ID card (a permanent one) and have any visas changed. You are issued with an acknowledgement form which serves as a temporary ID card until you pick up your regular one. This normally takes 2-4 weeks.