Like Tree1Likes

HKSAR passport for baby born in HK to ABC/BBC parents?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by hksoccerboy:
    Hi Morrison,

Do you mean the HK Immigration will not consider the mom has already settled abroad (i.e. UK) when the child is born outside UK/EU/HK/China/US even the mom is a British born Chinese with British passport?

Because I find the Chinese Nationality Law Article 5 does not have a clear definition between the Chinese National parents settled country and the overseas born child's birth place/country. Must the two places be the same or can be different to determine the child's eligibility of being a "Chinese National" (not a Chinese descent only)?

I know if the child is born in a foreign country where the Chinese National parent(s) is settled (PR/citizenship), then the child does not have Chinese nationality. But if the child is born in a foreign country where the Chinese National parent(s) does not have PR/citizenship but have a different foreign country's PR/citizenship, then what the HK Immigration thinks and how this Article 5 applies.

Thank you.
    If the child is born after 97 and outside hk, they can't apply for HK id, let alone hk sar passport, this is case for overseas based chinese
    Last edited by imparanoic; 17-09-2014 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    If the child is born after 97 and outside hk, they can't apply for HK id, let alone hk sar passport, this is case for overseas based chinese
    Where is this stipulated, please.
    That's not in line with Chinese nationality law, which is available on HK IMMi's website

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    Where is this stipulated, please.
    That's not in line with Chinese nationality law, which is available on HK IMMi's website
    Unfortunately imparanoic only goes by what he hears and one of the people providing misleading advice here constantly.
    TheBrit likes this.