Help for dependent visa

Help for dependent visa

Hi, I born in HK and lived in HK until 2001. I'm holding a 3* ID card (But not the smart ID card). I'm currently living in UK with my husband (he's Dutch). We want to move back to HK together at the end of this year. I got some question :

1) Can I apply the dependent visa for my husband while we are still living in UK?

2) How much money we need to show we are financial dependent? We don't have much saving (around £5000 = HKD75000), will this be enough?

3) We will be living with my family for a short period of time when we move back to HK. Can this be possible to be our accommodation in HK?

4) Before I leave HK, my parent want me and my brother to buy a house under a joint name mortgage. Unfortunately they are not able to pay the mortgage, both me and my brother have been declared bankruptcy. Will this affect my application for my husband's dependant visa? I've tried to contact HK Immirgation but they never give me a clear answer.

I would be very appreciate if someone can help me out.

Cheers,

Mandy

Quote Originally Posted by minnie77:
    Hi, I born in HK and lived in HK until 2001. I'm holding a 3* ID card (But not the smart ID card). I'm currently living in UK with my husband (he's Dutch)
    Not having a smart id makes no difference, but once you come back you will be required to 'upgrade' to a new card. Takes a couple of weeks, maybe less.

1) Can I apply the dependent visa for my husband while we are still living in UK?
    Yes. But it may be better to come over and get yourself a job before you sponsor him (every little helps). He should get 90 days tourist visa as a Dutch national which is plenty of time to apply once you are here. He can always some over later once you are earning or leave and return to get another 90 days (although there will be a limit on the number of times he can do it).

2) How much money we need to show we are financial dependent? We don't have much saving (around £5000 = HKD75000), will this be enough?
    Financially dependent? I think I know what you are asking.
    Printouts of savings will help but what the threshold may be to convince them you won't be a burden on HK I have no idea. Having a job yourself at the time of application will help a lot. A job that will support you both on a day to day basis.

3) We will be living with my family for a short period of time when we move back to HK. Can this be possible to be our accommodation in HK?
    yes. In fact will help a lot if you have accommodation already.

4) Before I leave HK, my parent want me and my brother to buy a house under a joint name mortgage. Unfortunately they are not able to pay the mortgage, both me and my brother have been declared bankruptcy. Will this affect my application for my husband's dependant visa? I've tried to contact HK Immirgation but they never give me a clear answer.
    Sorry - are you worried about your bankruptcy or the fact that you may potentially be paying a mortgage in the UK?

I just helped my wife(we are both Australian Citizen, while i am also a hongkonger which is same as you) to get a dep. visa this month, one thing you should consider is that the word "dependent", which means you must show you will be able to support your man in terms of finance/housing.

So you better go back to HK and secure for a job before applying a visa for him if you do not have much saving. everything will be easy once you have a good job.

good luck.