terminated contract and visa situation

Closed Thread

terminated contract and visa situation

I resigned in my work last 3 weeks and i was adviced by my company to pay my taxes. I just get paid 300k a year and i filed my tax payment immidiately,but soon i find out that i am not in average rate to pay any tax ,and since i am only working for almost 8 months in my company.Soon i reperted immidiately to immgration office in wanchai and i applied for 2 weks visa .but i have explained to the officer that i dont work in my office anymore and and that day was my last day in my office aswell. the officer ask for my passport and checked if i need to change my employement visa (under termination contract) but instead he adviced me not to applay a extension visa, He also told me that i can stay till jan 2 2009 (valid date of visa) but i am not allowed to work on hongkong....

And the question is?

its not a question my dearest...its an answer to those who are gonna be in same position later.

thats somewhow what i was looking for.

Friend of mine from indonesia had an emplyoment along with a working visa - vaild until 2009, feb! Now her boss lost his job and has to cancel the contract. Question is - can she still stay in hongkong until feb 2009? Or will the visa expire once the contract is canceled?

Does the employer HAS to cancel the working visa as well?

Maybe you can give me a heads up this situation.

nalick,

Is your friend actually on an Employment Visa or a Domestic Helper visa? If Employment then she can stay in HK until February 2009 and look for another job. If a DH then she has to find another employer or leave within 14 days of the contract being terminated.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    nalick,

Is your friend actually on an Employment Visa or a Domestic Helper visa? If Employment then she can stay in HK until February 2009 and look for another job. If a DH then she has to find another employer or leave within 14 days of the contract being terminated.
    Even if the helper finds a new employer she will still have to exit HK (usually by going to Macau) within 14 days whilst immigration process her new application. The girl will also have to pay fairly hefty agency fees (unless a kindly new employer pays them for her). A totally unfair situation on the girl - especially for Indonesian helpers who have to find a placement through an Agent as the Indonesian Consulate will not permit direct hire of Indonesian helpers (too many snouts in the trough...)

The helper can only remain in HK if she has finished the full 24 months with the previous employer (or is renewing the contract). However, in view of the current levy fiasco HK Immigration has waived the requirement for girls to exit HK if their current employer cancels the contract and then immediately renews it to take advantage of the loophole in the law surrounding the levy suspension. The employer, however, needs to sign an undertaking that they will renew the contract with immediate effect.

Indeed. And because this is so blatantly racist the Government has had to give Immigration an explicit exemption from the new (and long overdue) racial discrimination law currently going through Legco. This is quite outrageous, so anyone who explicitly comes out against this exemption is going to get my vote next weekend. (That will be after I admire the flying pigs on the way to the polling station.)

To whom it may concern, Iam Marlen working in hongkong as domestic helper, I was terminated last may 10,2014 when is my last visa? and can i ask for extension beacuse i cant find yet my new employer. and how manny days if given extension?
    Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by marlen halili:
    To whom it may concern, Iam Marlen working in hongkong as domestic helper, I was terminated last may 10,2014 when is my last visa? and can i ask for extension beacuse i cant find yet my new employer. and how manny days if given extension?
    Thank you so much.
    It depends on when your employer informed HK Immigration, you need to ask them the date and you add 14 days to it as Domestic Helpers are only allowed to stay 2 weeks after termination or contract expired.

You can try applying for extension but you must have valid/good reasons, I dont think looking for a new employer will get you an extension. If you do get one its most likely only another 14 days minimum.

Good luck.

If you have face book try joining this group and posting your details as some employers are looking for helpers

https://www.facebook.com/groups/175914739231880/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/438610022938779/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1521...78327/?fref=ts

Or create an advert on Geoexpat, I found my helper from here

http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/classif...cat.php/cat/16

Good Luck
    Last edited by wtbhotia; 21-05-2014 at 11:21 PM.