Like Tree7Likes

Visa to China

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Visa to China

Hi all,

My situation is this: Dutch passport, HK 3star, no passport (not eligible) and therefore no home return permit since i never applied for one in the past (stupid me). Working in HK for months now on my HKID.

So now I want to apply for a china visa just for a holiday visit with my dutch passport, but I've never gone to china in the past. Do I need to show a return ticket to NL for me to be able to apply for one here in HK or is it enough just to show a return ticket from HK to China and back?

I don't really want to fly back to NL, just to apply one there, fly to China, fly back to NL and then fly to HK again to get back to work.

Hope anyone can help, thanks!

If you have never visited china before, the Chinese consulate in wan chai and cts most likely will require you to apply in NL. This happened to a friend of mine holding an Austrian passport. Somehow he managed to get a full visa at huanggang border.

Hi Drunken Master, that's basically what they're suggesting me, but flying back and forth like that seems ridiculous and a crazy amount of money and time.

The full visa your friend got at the border, did he have any issues after that applying for visas to go further like Shanghai or Beijing where you need to go by flight? Does your friend have a HKID? Did he need to go out and back into HK with his passport first before he got that visa?

Flight? Return ticket? Just apply and say you need to visit Shenzhen.

You can try JTA, they are quite good:

JAPAN TRAVEL AGENCY LIMITED

If you have HKID then you should be able to apply in Hong Kong, if not at the Visa Office, then at an agent like #4 or Forever Bright. Agents won't need you to have plane tickets.

Do you have to apply for visa in NL in person or can you send your passport to the Chinese embassy in Den Haag?

My friend has no hkid and has been told by the chinese embassy and various agencies to go back to Austria and apply there. A friend asked around and discovered that huanggang border can issue a visa in his case. My friend just showed up at the border with his passport and a return ticket Shenzhen - Wenzhou and he got a full visa, not one that is limited to Shenzhen. That was in 2010. No idea what the situation is now.

I have HKID but don't have HK passport (not eligible) and that's why I'm not able to apply without my Dutch passport

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    Do you have to apply for visa in NL in person or can you send your passport to the Chinese embassy in Den Haag?
    The thing with applying from NL is the supporting documents I need to show and the fact that I'll be trying to cross the border from HK instead of NL directly:

Documents showing the itinerary including air ticket booking record (round trip) and proof of a hotel reservation, etc. or an Invitation Letter for Tourist issued by a relevant unit or individual in China.The invitation letter should contain:
    (1) Information of the applicant (incl. full name, gender, date of birth, etc.);

(2) Details of the planned visit (incl. arrival and departure dates, place(s) to be visited, accomodation arrangements, etc.);

(3) Information of the inviting party(incl. name of organization or person concerned, contact telephone number, address, official stamp of the organization, signature of the legal representative or individual).

Maybe you could have a daytrip to shenzhen and see if they will issue a visa at the border. Once you have that stamp in your passport future visas will not be a problem anymore.

Ok I think I will try that first as it seems the easiest way and hopefully once i have that stamp, future visits won't be a problem anymore.

Thanks Drunken Master!

Last edited by HK_star; 20-09-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast