Working Visa Advise Required.

Working Visa Advise Required.

Hello Everyone,

I would be ever so grateful for your help...

I have just recently this month relocated to Hong Kong, The reason for my relocation is my partners Employers require him/us to be based here in Hong Kong permanently.

We are not married.

The company he is employed by are going to employ me also. Therefore the visa application will made by them (The Employer) for me.

If the application is successful, And I am presented with a Hong Kong ID CARD form Immigration, Does this mean that at any later date, if I find a more suitable Job, am I able to work for another company with the original working visa I obtained/ Do I have to apply completely from scratch for a new Working Visa to work for another new company?

In other words ; am I only able to work for the company that Applied for me?

Or does the Working Visa allow me to work for anyone anywhere in Hong Kong once obtained?

Thank you in advance for your help, It is much appreciated.

Kindest regards

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

An employment visa is attached to the sponsor (employer). New job, you and the new employer have apply for the change. It's not an automatic transfer. You cannot even work for another employer, on say a part-time basis, unless you have the permission of the sponsoring employer and the Director of Immigration.

An ID card is for identification purposes only.

For a Working Holiday Visa, conditions of the visa depend on the country of origin. Could be one employer for 3 months max, or for 12 months maximum. So, as I say it depends.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 24-09-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UKexpat-InHK:
    Hello Everyone,

I would be ever so grateful for your help...

I have just recently this month relocated to Hong Kong, The reason for my relocation is my partners Employers require him/us to be based here in Hong Kong permanently.

We are not married.

The company he is employed by are going to employ me also. Therefore the visa application will made by them (The Employer) for me.

If the application is successful, And I am presented with a Hong Kong ID CARD form Immigration, Does this mean that at any later date, if I find a more suitable Job, am I able to work for another company with the original working visa I obtained/ Do I have to apply completely from scratch for a new Working Visa to work for another new company?

In other words ; am I only able to work for the company that Applied for me?

Or does the Working Visa allow me to work for anyone anywhere in Hong Kong once obtained?

Thank you in advance for your help, It is much appreciated.

Kindest regards
    So your partners company did the right thing by bringing you as a package and before you even get your visa your already talking about getting another job. Loyalty obviously counts for nothing.

Now if you say they dont have a job for you just applying the visa before you say anything thats illegal. Just saying!