Tourist Visa

Closed Thread

Tourist Visa

To whom it may concern,

I find an observeship in a HK hospital and want to train for more than 3 months, unfortunately the HR of the hospital doesn't want to sponsor me.

I wonder if I can stay in HK for about 2 months, and the stay several days or weeks at Macau or Taiwan . And finally come back to HK for 2 months and half.

Is it possible to do like this (especially if I choose Macau)

PS: Iam from Europe and is a european resident.

Regards,

Unfortunately this is not possible - on a Visitor Visa you may not do things like training, even if unpaid. (Unless of course you are employed by someone outside Hong Kong who is simply sending you to HK for a short training course - but even then 3 months might be pushing the limit.)

Training Visa

Typically HR departments are reluctant to assist / sponsor as they don't want to handle the necessary paper work required for a training visa. Find housing and devise a the necessary training plan.

I suggest that you go back the HR department and state that you will complete ALL the necessary forms and documents demonstrating you will financially secure to be in HK during the time period needed.

However what you need from them is a letter stating you that they accept you as a trainee, you will need them to sign and chop the trainee program (that you will have designed)

After all HK Gov is supporting such training and mentor schemes to build the capacity of organizations by allowing both overseas and local students to take part in programs. But many companies are not familiar or do not have systems established to handle such a request.