Like Tree22Likes

10 Year China Visas for US passport holders?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

10 Year China Visas for US passport holders?

See U.S., China to extend visa validity to boost trade, tourism | Reuters

(Reuters) - China and the United States have agreed to significantly extend the terms of short-term visas, U.S. President Barack Obama said on Monday in Beijing, a deal he said would improve trade and business ties between the world's two largest economies.

Under the deal, which the United States will put into effect on Nov. 12, both countries would extend the terms of multiple entry short-term tourist and business visas to 10 years from one year, the White House said in an accompanying statement. Student visas would be extended to five years from one year.

Has anyone here actually received it yet? I"m curious if everyone gets it. I know if you have less than a year on your HK work visa, China would usually give you only a 6 month China visa. Wondering if that whole process is out the window now.

The 10 year China visa is likely only available when applying in the US. Before this agreement, US passport holders would get a one year China visa when applying in the US, but shorter (probably 6 months) when applying outside the US.

But in the "American Citizens Services Newsletter" email that I got, there was this statement:

"
    10-Year, Multiple-Entry Visas to China: As many of you may already know, the United States and China recently agreed to begin issuing 10-year, multiple-entry business/tourist visas to each other’s respective citizenry. We’ve already started issuing 10-year visas to our Chinese applicants, and we’re beginning to see more and more Americans with 10-year Chinese visas. If you’ve recently applied for a Chinese visa and didn’t receive a10-year period of validity, please let us know at: [email protected]."

So why wouldn't it be possible to get the 10 year one from HK? I'm curious how much they cost, though. Would be fantastic to have a 10 year multiple entry visa for China. I bet there's conditions about needing to be a permanent resident in HK (my one-year HK visa is probably a problem for getting a long-term China visa).

shri likes this.

I know people get them in HK as well, so don't worry about that part and the cost is the same as always, around 1100hkd.

The issue I'm raising is the HK visa one. Where if you have a short amount of time left on your HK work visa, in the past the China visa would be affected every time I went for it. If I had a year plus left on my HK visa, I'd always get a 1 year China visa. I'm quite curious of this part but I trust you can obtain a 10 year in HK for sure, I have friends who have already but their HK visas were just renewed prior to it, so their situation didn't really help me out.

I just got one! I was pretty shocked, since I hadn't heard about the change, and I was expecting six months (first time to apply). Anyway, I'm happy.

Not sure, HKNewbie. I have plenty of time left on my HK visa, but it is less than a year.

wtbhotia likes this.

I just got mine as well 10 year short term business visit visa. But the clerk said China still reserves the right to cancel it at anytime for no reason and to deny entry for no reason. Same story as usual. At least you don't have to keep applying for it every few months anymore.

Daughter got hers last week. Has just over a year left on her passport and HK Visa will expire in July 2015. This was her first time applying Husband also got one but has had Chinese visas in the past.
    Daughter's approval was shocking!

Nice to know the change and would like to apply one for my husband. Should we apply it using the China visa application form like this one?

http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/chn/fw/bgx...7334723105.pdf

He is on dependent visa living in HK and still have one year left on his passport.

http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/fwxx/wgrqz/t1066718.htm

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast