Dependant Visa

Dependant Visa

Hi!
    I have applied for DV and got my confirmation Letter on the 27/11/2014. After that they requested bank statements for the last 6 months on the 15/12/2014 so ive dropped these on the 17/12/2014 at the Imigration counter. Now my concern is that my tourist Visa runs out on the 20/01/2015 and if I don't get visa approved by them what are my options!!? Can somebody help me in what to do!!?thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

You can request an extension. Explain that you have a dependent visa in progress. It's not guaranteed, but you can ask.

BTW, there is a tendency for the length of time a dependent visa takes on the applicant's passport. You may have only another four weeks to go, or a year.

Hi Claire!
    Thanks very much for your reply Claire!it can take a year!!? But it states in the confirmation letter that it takes from 4-6 weeks! Also i would like to go spend New Years in Macau with friends,do u know if I can get out of the country whilst I'm applying for dependant visa!!? Sorry for all the questions, just a bit confused with everything!!thanks again Claire!!

According to the website: "It normally takes six weeks to process a visa/entry permit application for residence as dependant upon receipt of all the required documents."

However, we have had people here posting about processing times of months and months, even over a year. But it seems to depend on amount of checking necessary and the passport (country) of the applicant.

I see now what u mean because I've just read another topics about DV and some people having to wait long time. I have a Portuguese Passport and my wife is British, also do you know if I can get out of the country whilst applying for DV!?thanks Claire!

You should be on the shorter time frame then for processing.

You can leave. That's not a problem, but perhaps carry a copy of the letter from ImmD just in case you are questioned. On your return trip to Hong Kong, the officer might wonder whether you are on a visa run.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 30-12-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Thanks very much for your help Claire have a Happy New Year!

Hi!i just checked for my visa progress online and it says Aplication aproved!what do I do next!should I go to immigration tower in wanchai today and try get my visa or there is something I need to do before!?
    Thanks!

wow, your application is finished in 6 weeks, right? My application is submitt in early of Jan, but now still not any update. Neither got the case reference number yet.... What should I do? Any suggestions?