Like Tree10Likes

Dependant Visa - Sponsoring Dependant Visa

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kevbryan27:
    Really? I am not aware that if a person who is currently holding a dependent visa is going to be married, the dependent visa will be forfeited? How true is this? Now I'm worried.
    Yup she's no longer a dependent of her father.

So as I mentioned don't draw attention to your situation until she gets permanent.

Does she have a job? Can she not apply for sn employment visa so you can be her dependent?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Well if they got married in Hong Kong, ImmD already knows.

Is there any link to prove this?
    We are married outside Hong Kong.
    I don't know what to do next. maybe, the best thing is for her to found an employer who can give her a working visa, but if ImmD founds out our case? whats next?

What is stopping you from getting a job and having an employment visa sponsored?

If your wife now goes for a work visa so she can sponsor you, she will have to prove she will take a job which cannot be filled locally. What does she do now?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    If your wife now goes for a work visa so she can sponsor you, she will have to prove she will take a job which cannot be filled locally. What does she do now?
    And earn at least $20,000 a month, according to recent posts.

Alternatively, she could get a study visa, but a dependent visa attached to that would not let the OP work.
    Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 04-03-2015 at 03:53 PM.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    What is stopping you from getting a job and having an employment visa sponsored?
    I am not residing now in Hong Kong, I'm here in the Philippines and working as an RF Engineer in Telecommunications.
    I've been trying to land a job and to find an employer who could sponsor me with a employment working visa, but as of now, i couldn't found any, being in a Long Distance Relationship for almost 3 years is like hell, wishing and hoping someday we could be together.

For Now, our option is for her to find an employer who could sponsor her with a working Visa, and, for me to also found an Employer (via Online) who could sponsor me working visa.
    Hoping for one of these option to workout.

Still looking for the best.

If she has an employment visa, she can sponsor a dependent visa for you, provided she meets the requirements, particularly financial. With a dependent visa, you don't need an employment visa.

Tell her to get a job fast!

Or what about her moving to where you live? You'd be together then.

Quote Originally Posted by kevbryan27:
    For Now, our option is for her to find an employer who could sponsor her with a working Visa, and, for me to also found an Employer (via Online) who could sponsor me working visa.
    For you both to get a work visa, you would each have to find jobs which cannot be filled by locals, and as Claire rightly added, earn above the HK Immigration threshold of $20k a month.

I can't comment on the market for RF Engineers in Telecom (someone on here may be able to comment) but if you let us know what your wife does, maybe one of us can offer advice.
    Last edited by Fiona in HKG; 04-03-2015 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Incorrect reference to another poster ;)