Like Tree10Likes

Dependant Visa - Sponsoring Dependant Visa

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question Dependant Visa - Sponsoring Dependant Visa

Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to these site so please bear with me for my inquiries.

I had been married to my wife these year, and she is residing in Hong Kong holding a dependant Visa, she's not yet a permanent cause shes only on her 4th year stay there. She got her dependant visa through her Step Dad which is a Hong Kong Local Resident.

My question is, can she also sponsor me given that we are already married (we can prove by papers, photos and other related documents) considering that she is not yet a permanent resident?

Hoping for your responses.

Thanks!

Regards,

Kevin

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

A dependant cannot sponsor a dependent visa. Either one of you should get an employment visa, or similar.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 04-03-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Guidebook for Entry for Residence as Dependants in Hong Kong | Residence as Dependants | Hong Kong Visas | Public Services | Immigration Department

II. Eligibility Criteria

For a sponsor who is a Hong Kong permanent resident or a resident who is not subject to a limit of stay (i.e. a resident with the right to land or on unconditional stay), the following dependants may apply to join him/her for residence in the HKSAR:
    his/her spouse;
    his/her unmarried dependent child under the age of 18; and
    his/her parent aged 60 or above.
    For a sponsor who has been admitted into the HKSAR to take up employment (as a professional, for investment to establish/join in business, or for training) or studies (in a full-time undergraduate or post-graduate local programme Note 1 in a local degree-awarding institution), or who is permitted to remain in the HKSAR as an entrant under the Capital Investment Entrant Scheme or the Quality Migrant Admission Scheme, the following dependants may apply to join him/her for residence in the HKSAR:
    his/her spouse; and
    his/her unmarried dependent child under the age of 18.
    According to the immigration requirements listed above, your wife cannot sponsor you as she is not yet a permanent resident as she is already a dependent herself.

I guess, we don't have any option but to wait. Thanks for the quick responses!

How old is she that she can get a dependent visa? There's usually a cut-off age.

She is only 17 years old when here step father sponsor her with a dependent visa. She is now 21 years old and been staying and working in Hong Kong for already 4 years Claire.

I really don't know whether ImmD will decide that, as she's married, she's no longer her stepfather's dependant.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    I really don't know whether ImmD will decide that, as she's married, she's no longer her stepfather's dependant.
    Then best not to apply or draw attention to yourself with immigration by making enquiries

Really? I am not aware that if a person who is currently holding a dependent visa is going to be married, the dependent visa will be forfeited? How true is this? Now I'm worried.

Really? I am not aware that if a person who is currently holding a dependent visa is going to be married, the dependent visa will be forfeited? How true is this? Now I'm worried.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast