Like Tree6Likes

Dependent VISA for Indian national

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Dependent VISA for Indian national

Hello All,

I am working in Hong Kong on Employment VISA (Since 1-Jan-2015).
    I have applied for my wife and son's Visa on 20-Jan.
    I got a letter to submit property rental agreement; submitted additional document on 11-Feb.

Was expecting the process to finish in 4-5 weeks after 11-Feb.
    I had booked ticket to HK for my wife for 19-Mar (5 weeks after 11-Feb).

I inquired today about the status personally to the case officer. I got an answer that it takes 6 weeks so she cannot promise anything. 6 weeks get over on 25-Mar.

Is it ok if i bring my wife here for 2 weeks and then take her to Macau after 1 week, so she can stay here for 3 weeks without VISA. And meanwhile I am expecting the VISA to be approved.

Does it actually take longer for Indian citizens?
    Should i expect more delays and new deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by eamitk:
    Hello All,

I am working in Hong Kong on Employment VISA (Since 1-Jan-2015).
    I have applied for my wife and son's Visa on 20-Jan.
    I got a letter to submit property rental agreement; submitted additional document on 11-Feb.

Was expecting the process to finish in 4-5 weeks after 11-Feb.
    I had booked ticket to HK for my wife for 19-Mar (5 weeks after 11-Feb).

I inquired today about the status personally to the case officer. I got an answer that it takes 6 weeks so she cannot promise anything. 6 weeks get over on 25-Mar.

Is it ok if i bring my wife here for 2 weeks and then take her to Macau after 1 week, so she can stay here for 3 weeks without VISA. And meanwhile I am expecting the VISA to be approved.

It depends on your sponsoring company. If they are multinational, and have other people on work visa, then you should have no problem.

I work for a small firm (total employees in HK 6 and overall headcount 150) with only couple of Indian nationals working on work VISA.

I work for a small firm (total employees in HK 6 and overall headcount 150) with only couple of Indian nationals working on work VISA.
    On paper you meet the relevant requirements. You have a valid working visa and therefore should be allowed to sponsor your dependants.

However this being Hong Kong, the upholder of the rule of law, because you are brown and hold a "brown" passport (as in Indian, South Asian, etc), things are probably going to be harder to get the visa approval.

Try to go to Macau not on the last day of the visa expiry date and spend at least 24 hours in Macau if possible so that it doesnt look like a VISA run.

Being Indian should not be an issue if you are on a working visa as you already meet the Govt requirements. Now if you were a HK resident of Indian origin and bringing your wife on a dependent visa, then that is a totally different story unfortunately. it would take a long long time.

I read other threads on this forum where it has taken even six months to get the dependent VISA.
    If it is going to take that long, actually I would rather go back to my place instead of working here and staying alone. :|

"Really long" means how long actyally?
    Should I expect many months..

Dear OP just FYI you submitted documents around Chinese New Year period. This would add time to your application as government offices would have been shut and quite a few staff would have been on leave, so there might be a bit of a backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Try to go to Macau not on the last day of the visa expiry date and spend at least 24 hours in Macau if possible so that it doesnt look like a VISA run.

Being Indian should not be an issue if you are on a working visa as you already meet the Govt requirements. Now if you were a HK resident of Indian origin and bringing your wife on a dependent visa, then that is a totally different story unfortunately. it would take a long long time.
    Surely will not go to macau on the last day. 2 weeks are allowed so will go after 1 week.
    But my question is should I expect VISA after 9 weeks in total after submitting all documents?

Chinese new year holidays delay is ok, because it causes only 1 week delay.
    But if my brown skin means processing time is in months, then I better not bring my wife here before VISA. Or rather I go back to India.

My monthly salary is 35K HKD and apartment is provided by employer in addition to that.
    Will that help? Or income is too low to make any impact.

Save the money, don't bring your family here until their visas are approved.

Skype or FaceTime is cheaper than jumping back and forth to Macau.

wtbhotia likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast