Dear forum,

First off, sorry if this forum is dedicated to Hong Kong Immigration, but my question relates to US Immigration (Consulate in HKG)

I am the applicant of a U.S. Immigrant Visa (spouse CR-1 visa) and wondering roughly how long it should take for my case to be transferred between U.S. Consulates?

I know it's hard to say since this involves "internal process" between U.S. Consulates, but I'm asking based on your experiences (for those of you who have requested visa case transfers).

Specifically, in my case the NVC assigned my case to the US Consulate in Guangzhou, China. However, I am a resident of Hong Kong, have never lived in China, nor did I ever request NVC to transfer my case to Guangzhou.

Common sense would be if the applicant is a resident of Hong Kong, then NVC should transfer my case to the US Consulate in Hong Kong for further processing (i.e. visa interview).

Anyways long story short, the US Consulate Hong Kong send me a letter dated February 27, 2015 to acknowledge my Case Transfer request and said they will contact me when my file is received from US Consulate in Guangzhou.

(FYI - here is link on US Consulate Hong Kong website about Case Transfers - Case Transfer Request | Consulate General of the United States Hong Kong & Macau)

Maybe I'm just being an impatient brat (sorry) but since it's been over 1 month, I was hoping by now the US Consulate in Hong Kong would have received my case from Guangzhou.

I just emailed US Consulate Hong Kong today (March 30th) and they replied saying they are still waiting for my case from Guangzhou.

So getting back to the point/my question...has anyone specifically been in the same exact situation as me, where they requested US Consulate Hong Kong to have their case transferred from US Consulate Guangzhou to the consulate in Hong Kong for processing? If yes, roughly how long did you have to wait before you got the visa interview letter?

Hoping someone can shed light on this question...thanks in advance.