Like Tree6Likes

Working Visa Validity after Resignation

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Working Visa Validity after Resignation

Hi!

I'm worried about my visa validity after my resignation. My sponsor asked me to work until May 31. After that, what will happen? My sponsor told me, he will inform the immigration about my resignation. How about me? What should I do? Can I stay here until my working visa expires (November 2016)?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by HKNewbie421:
    ...Can I stay here until my working visa expires (November 2016)?Thanks in advance!
    Yes you can stay but not work for any other company until you get a new visa.
    HKNewbie421 likes this.

Hi HKNewbie421,
    You can stay in HK till Nov 2016.
    By that time, if you get another job here, then your new employer will need to fill up a few forms to declare to the immigration that they will sponsor you as their employee. Though it will essentially be a "new" visa application but immigration "treats it" like a visa "transfer" and the process may take 2 to 4 weeks. Once IMMD approves, your new employer will provide you the letter from IMMD stating that "permission has been given to you to take employment with XX from DD/MM/YY to DD/MM/YY." The dates here are your starting date till the end of your visa expiry (i.e Nov 2016 in your case).
    You will NOT get a new visa stamp on your passport and the existing visa stamp will continue to be valid.

Hope this helps !! Cheers !!

itsdawn and HKNewbie421 like this.

Thanks guys!

Question again: After the immigration found out about my lost job, will they set up a meeting with me? If so, what are the possible talk-abouts?

Nope.There will be no meeting with IMMD. In fact, you may not even need to interact with IMMD at all if your new employer takes care of all the paper work related to sponsorship. You may only need to download some forms from IMMD website, fill them up , and return to your new employer. They will, then submit the entire application with forms that needs to be filled by employer and employee(you).
    So, no need to worry about any meeting with immd !!! Goodluck

HKNewbie421 likes this.

Hi! Thanks so much for replying.

What if I can't find a new job anytime soon, is that also fine?

You can stay in HK until your visa expires, but you can't work with a new employer without the consent of IMMD. No problem if you can't find a new job.

Great! Thank you!

Anyway, I'm planning to go out of the country on June after my resignation to have a vacation and will be going back after a month. Is that allowed?

Yes, that's allowed.

Hi guys, working visa and employment visa are the same or not?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast