Like Tree3Likes

Home Visit Permit silly validity rule!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    a visa can be done in less than 2 days ( express visa), but it does cost a bit more, what passport do you own? remember don't go to CTS for a visa, go to the official issuing government office :

7th Floor, Lower Block, ChinaResourcesBuilding,

No.26, Harbor Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong SAR

Office Hours

Monday to Friday (except public holidays,)

9:00-12:0014:00-17:00

Address/Office hours/Enquiry service
    I have a USA passport, Thanks for the reply again. There may be a problem with that since my passport does not have my middle (chinese) name when I applied, that's why I had been using the Home Visit Permit. But that's my fault and it is common for us chinese people to omit the chinese name and instead use an american name when applying for the USA passport.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    China sets the rules. Sue them.
    Funny thanks for the laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White:
    I've crossed over to Shenzhen before with less than 6 months on my Home Permit. No questions asked. Perhaps you can try going over to Shenzhen first and then continue your trip?
    Thanks for the reply, I will call up some people today.

Quote Originally Posted by frankielucky:
    Thanks for the reply, I will call up some people today.
    not all passports allow Shenzhen ( only 5 day visa) and note you can't go anywhere else in china apart from Shenzhen, not worth the risk as they can confiscate or void your home return pass if they find out?

question? when will you go to china? what passport do you have ( remember some passport it's cheap at RMB150, some expensive US passport RMB1080 , I believe)

Quote Originally Posted by pkboy:
    Lots of countries require your travel documents be valid for more than 6 months after your travel date before they let you in.
    But not for their own citizens, they can usually even enter with outdated travel documents.

I know for a fact you can enter by land up until the last day the permit is valid.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    not all passports allow Shenzhen ( only 5 day visa) and note you can't go anywhere else in china apart from Shenzhen, not worth the risk as they can confiscate or void your home return pass if they find out?

question? when will you go to china? what passport do you have ( remember some passport it's cheap at RMB150, some expensive US passport RMB1080 , I believe)
    Today is the day that's why I gave up! I didn't know until I tried to pick an airplane seat which is required 48 hours before the flight. Yup I have a US passport!

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    But not for their own citizens, they can usually even enter with outdated travel documents.

I know for a fact you can enter by land up until the last day the permit is valid.
    Thanks very much for the reply, but it is by flight. I am going to go to meet up with the travel agent and find out now if there is an alternative! If not, then I have learned this lesson. If I joined the travel agency from Hong Kong instead of at the US, they would have stopped me when they checked the permit since they are local agency.

A different question - If you have a HKSAR passport, can you enter the Mainland without a Home Return Permit?

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    A different question - If you have a HKSAR passport, can you enter the Mainland without a Home Return Permit?
    No. You need a Home Return Permit to enter the mainland.

Timatic doesn't show the 6-months validity rule for HRP.

Anyway, get the 旅行正 from your local Chinese embassy. It's valid for 2 years and allows you to travel to PRC instead of using the HRP.
    Chinese Travel Document - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia