Like Tree9Likes

VEPIC/RTL - ABC

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

It's not like that.
    For example, you are eligible for HK Chinese nationality but have never applied for, in other words not proven that you are eligible, then you enjoy consular protection, which probably also won't help much....

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Wanted to give an update on my case. Last month, ImmD requested a birth certificate which shows my parent's full middle name along with a supplementary form for me to complete. Shortly after supplying both, ImmD approved my overseas application for both the Passport and Permanent ID Card. They sent them off to my embassy, which I've retrieved but will need to visit the immigration office in Wan Chai once more, within 30 days of arrival, to activate?/get an actual ID card. Although, the ID card I received from the embassy looks exactly like any others. So, the process works!

Greatly appreciate all your help!

Good to hear and let others aware of this option.

Now you can travel to Brazil, Russia visa free with your HKSAR passport which otherwise was not possible with the US passport. FYI if you need to travel to China before getting the home return permit (which can only be applied in Hong Kong), you can apply for the "China Travel Document" at your Chinese embassy, which functions like a temporary Chinese passport.

I have the 10 year China visa on my US Passport, which has a few years left until expiration. Should I use that to enter China or would a home return permit make better sense?

Also, does HK ROA let me work in Macau?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by icrazeei:
    I have the 10 year China visa on my US Passport, which has a few years left until expiration. Should I use that to enter China or would a home return permit make better sense?

Also, does HK ROA let me work in Macau?
    (For the bolded) No.
    icrazeei likes this.

If your are going for a short visit it doesnt make a difference whether you use visa or home return permit. The only difference is the queues at Chinese immigration for citizens are typically shorter and the clearance is faster using hrp, plus no need to full in the landing form.

If you go to China to study or work then it will be much easier to use hrp. And entering China using hrp has no limitation of stay, ie you can stay as long as you wish.

icrazeei likes this.

go for hrtp, these days it is easy to obtain but that could change unexpectedly, especially under Mao reloaded.
    Also for tix booking it is more convenient, can buy one way to big China.
    For driving license, and many more tings.

icrazeei likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by icrazeei:
    Wanted to give an update on my case. Last month, ImmD requested a birth certificate which shows my parent's full middle name along with a supplementary form for me to complete. Shortly after supplying both, ImmD approved my overseas application for both the Passport and Permanent ID Card. They sent them off to my embassy, which I've retrieved but will need to visit the immigration office in Wan Chai once more, within 30 days of arrival, to activate?/get an actual ID card. Although, the ID card I received from the embassy looks exactly like any others. So, the process works!

Greatly appreciate all your help!
    Final update on my case and on the overseas application process.

I recently returned to HK and was able to enter using the overseas issued ID. Following prior instructions, I went to the ImmD thinking my ID just needed to be "activated?" and it shouldn't take long. However, they confiscated my overseas issued ID and re-took my picture, re-scanned my fingerprints, issued me a temporary ID (piece of paper), and instructed me to come back in 2 weeks to pick up the new "actual" ID, which I authorized someone to pick up on my behalf. So those thinking of going about this process should factor this in as well.
    Last edited by icrazeei; 14-12-2015 at 11:25 AM.