Like Tree4Likes

Second attempt for work permit under GEP

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Update: The visa was knocked back by ImmD three (3) weeks after submission.

Company just sent additional information and I was advised by HR that re-submission was accepted but still need 2-3 weeks for review.

hello keek, I am still in the same situation. Today is 3 months since company submitted my employment visa application. The Immigration has requested additional info a couple of times during this 3 months and I am still waiting for their response...

Quote Originally Posted by triss:
    hello keek, I am still in the same situation. Today is 3 months since company submitted my employment visa application. The Immigration has requested additional info a couple of times during this 3 months and I am still waiting for their response...
    Did the company request further documentation from you? In my case, they didn't ask me to submit anything.

Just got advised by HR that they're being requested with additional documents.

You need to get on the phone and ask what you need to do to get it approved. If you keep this guessing game it will go on forever. Best to show you have some skills or are in process to get some skills. Maybe enroll in some online certificate or whatever. But doing nothing is likely to cause issues. Unless you have skills demonstrated through experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    You need to get on the phone and ask what you need to do to get it approved. If you keep this guessing game it will go on forever. Best to show you have some skills or are in process to get some skills. Maybe enroll in some online certificate or whatever. But doing nothing is likely to cause issues. Unless you have skills demonstrated through experience.
    I asked HR if ImmD gave some hint on what they are trying to look for but I was told that no such information was given to them. If only I had the reference number I'd call them up myself but I don't want it to seem like I'm bypassing the processes of my prospective employer. They (the company) have asked me to provide a portfolio though (as supplemental documentation) as the role is in IT/design.

Anything else I can submit to help them strengthen our case?

Well, I think it is very important that you have an idea of what your employer is doing initially with your application, because any rejection on your record can look bad in the future. But you already passed that point, and now it is more up to your employer. They feel it can be done this way and so forth, and sounds like you are stuck. I've seen companies who believe they need to submit all of these documents and really I feel more is less, and creates more barriers, questions and headaches. But everyone wants to be heard after all so it goes down this route. Sounds like you are providing a portfolio to prove your experiences. I guess go down this route, but in the future, make sure the employer knows what they are doing, as anytime you want to do it differently, it is a delay after delay after delay. You need to play by the rules if you want it done faster/easier.

My visa is approved after 3 months of waiting and I will start working after 4 months I had the interview..

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by triss:
    My visa is approved after 3 months of waiting and I will start working after 4 months I had the interview..
    Oh wow, congratulations! Could you provide more info what happened leading up to the approval?

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Well, I think it is very important that you have an idea of what your employer is doing initially with your application, because any rejection on your record can look bad in the future. But you already passed that point, and now it is more up to your employer. They feel it can be done this way and so forth, and sounds like you are stuck. I've seen companies who believe they need to submit all of these documents and really I feel more is less, and creates more barriers, questions and headaches. But everyone wants to be heard after all so it goes down this route. Sounds like you are providing a portfolio to prove your experiences. I guess go down this route, but in the future, make sure the employer knows what they are doing, as anytime you want to do it differently, it is a delay after delay after delay. You need to play by the rules if you want it done faster/easier.
    At this point, I've been wanting to tell them what I've been reading here that might make it work. Though I don't want them feel that I think they don't know what they are doing.