Like Tree14Likes

Baby citizenship with English and HK parents

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thanks guys, I will definitely let you know how it goes.

Right now, I feel having the birth in HK is the way to go when weighing things up. I will do more research about hospital costs in the UK and see where that takes me.

Quote Originally Posted by periphery831:
    Yes, that's what we were quoted at, around 50-60K.

Exactly, DeletedUser. Is it really worthwhile to go to the UK just so my daughter's grandchildren can be British?

Perhaps she marries a British guy anyway.
    just wondering, which hospital?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    just wondering, which hospital?
    My bad, the quote was 70-75k at Canossa hospital.

My bad, the quote was 70-75k at Canossa hospital.
    that's quite a lot more

what is your reason choosing this hospital? will you quote other hospitals for comparison on HK island ( Adventist, sanitarium ) or even Kowloon (Baptist, st Teresa) ?

our reason for st Teresa, main reason, is that we were happy with the facilities (wards same level and close to viewing rooms/feeding rooms), great reviews by past patients, it's clean and staff are great, as well as fact, it was a dragon year and last year of influx of china mums and baby (some places were packed) , this one was not as crowded,
    also parking was hassle free as I drive

How long ago was that?

Just had a chat with wife and she said the nurse said Teresa and Canossa prices are roughly the same, so maybe the price has inflated over the last few years.

How long ago was that?

Just had a chat with wife and she said the nurse said Teresa and Canossa prices are roughly the same, so maybe the price has inflated over the last few years.
    daughter born 25th October 2014, shared room, Saturday, own doctor, I was in the operating theater ( didn't see the actual op) next to my wife, total cost HK$55000

son, 5th December 2012, shared room, own doctor, not in the operating theater, total cost HK$48,000, not weekend, I think it was a tuesday

Was that with a C-section for both?

Yes, does your wife have a pre-natal doctor? Do you go to monthly private check up? if yes, is your wife regular doctor affiliated to any hospital? When is she due?

Last edited by imparanoic; 19-06-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Yes, we see a gynecologist called Dr. Cheung Wai. https://www.finddoc.com/en/doctor/info/cheung-wai-7415

We also do a public check up just to have a second opinion. :P

She's due in November.

Why not ask your gynaecology his rate, which hospital is he afflicted to, (if any), then down load St teresa, sanatorium, Baptist, Carnossa, adventist, and compare prices