Like Tree3Likes

A friend is applying for a bahamas visa and immigrant consultant won't give hee passport back for 3wks now

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A friend is applying for a bahamas visa and immigrant consultant won't give hee passport back for 3wks now

A friend is applying for a visa to go to bahamas as hubby was assigned there to work. They used an immigrant consultant. Things got complicated when she wants to take her passport to attend her daughter's graduation in UK they won't give it back coz her passport was forwarded to another agent that she was told. Then last Saturday her mum died so she asked them (immigrant consultant) to really give the passport back as she really need to go home and still they said after 10days!!!! Our consulate gave her a temporary permit to travel without her passport. Is there a way that she can file a complaint? Where? And our consulate said she needs to apply for a new passport when she get to our country coz she can't use the current one even if the agent will give it back to her in 10days. About her UK will they issue a new one or ahe has to go through all the process when applying for a new visa. appreciate any help!

It would help if you told us what nationality she is as all those questions have different answers depending on this!

If she is British, for example, just apply for a second passport while she is in the UK. Easy. But not all countries allow this....

Last edited by HK_Katherine; 23-06-2015 at 01:58 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Why did your friend hand over her passport? The Bahamian Dept of Immigration does not require it.

There is no government body overseeing "immigration consultants", but perhaps the police could deal with it as a theft(?).

HK_Katherine and jrkob like this.

I suspect that letting your consultant know you are about to go to the police with a theft case may help speed up getting it back!

If, as Claire notes, there is no need for them to take it in the first place, I would then start worrying more about identity theft and the implications of that.

Shit I would have threatened them with POLICE immediately and still go to the police to file a case.

Filipina

Thanks for all the replies. I told her it is illegal for an agent to hold ur passport and she shouldn't have given it to them. Would tell her all ur replies.

I can't say it is illegal, but it seems unnecessary. A copy of the relevant page is required by the authorities.

Permit to Reside, Applying for a - Government - Services

Thank you for the link. Problem is she was told that her documents including passport were forwarded to another agency which means her passport is not physically in their office and it would take 10days to get there.

She entrusted the agency with her passport. It was not theirs to pass to a random third party.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast