Like Tree22Likes

ASSISTANCE!!! Dependent Visa is APPROVED!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Yah thats the plan, I'm just thinking future for the kid, wont be leaving soon, hopefully in a year or two will make the move,
    Nice one. Good luck with it!
    wtbhotia likes this.

Hi everyone...

I have a quick question and need your advise. I'm already holding a Dependent Visa and I have applied for a HKID which will be collected in 2 weeks time. My question is, is it legal to start working holding only the "Acknowledgement of Application for a HKID" which has my photo and HKID #, or I have to wait till the ID is issued?

I am not sure but I think the visa itself gives the right to work regardless of holding the physical ID card itself, is that correct?

Legal to work. The visa dictates the limits on your stay (duration, eligible to work, etc). The ID card is an identification document of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by HKSAR:
    Hi everyone...

I have a quick question and need your advise. I'm already holding a Dependent Visa and I have applied for a HKID which will be collected in 2 weeks time. My question is, is it legal to start working holding only the "Acknowledgement of Application for a HKID" which has my photo and HKID #, or I have to wait till the ID is issued?

I am not sure but I think the visa itself gives the right to work regardless of holding the physical ID card itself, is that correct?
    Your acknowledgement of application for HKID can be used just the same as your HKID. Legally, you should carry it with you at all times.
    wtbhotia and HKSAR like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Legal to work. The visa dictates the limits on your stay (duration, eligible to work, etc). The ID card is an identification document of sorts.
    Thank your for the prompt response! Appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by HKSAR:
    holding only the "Acknowledgement of Application for a HKID" which has my photo and HKID #
    You can even leave HK with that piece of paper + your passport and be able to use the HK Resident counter at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    You can even leave HK with that piece of paper + your passport and be able to use the HK Resident counter at the airport.
    Wow! Didn't know that!
    Anyway not travelling abroad anytime soon

Hi there! my visa got approved today. how long will it take to collect the visa now? should we do now? pls educate me on this

Quote Originally Posted by zumpi123:
    Hi there! my visa got approved today. how long will it take to collect the visa now? should we do now? pls educate me on this
    Congrats. Are you in HK or back home, your wife should be able to pick it up on monday, if your not in HK then she can mail it to you to fix inside your passport.
    shri and zumpi123 like this.

She is in HK. Thanks for info. I shall let her know this.