Like Tree14Likes

Permanent Id card and the 3 year rule?

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11

Minimum duration to stay in HK to extend 3 years?

I have ROA in HK but am subject to the 3 year rule.

If I transit HKG on my way to another destination, and briefly (for a matter of minutes) "enter" Hong Kong, staying inside the airport but going both ways through immigration, is this sufficient to extend my 3 years?

Anyone have specific experience with this scenario?

I suppose dropping down to RTL wouldn't be that awful for me, but I presume my HKID could get confiscated if I go beyond the 3 year rule, and getting a new one is rather a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by plasmd:
    I have ROA in HK but am subject to the 3 year rule.

If I transit HKG on my way to another destination, and briefly (for a matter of minutes) "enter" Hong Kong, staying inside the airport but going both ways through immigration, is this sufficient to extend my 3 years?

Anyone have specific experience with this scenario?

I suppose dropping down to RTL wouldn't be that awful for me, but I presume my HKID could get confiscated if I go beyond the 3 year rule, and getting a new one is rather a pain.
    I suppose it's probably sufficient, also keep in mind that it is a 36 month rule, not a 3 year rule, it goes by months since you were last in HK, not calendar years.

Just make sure you do actually go through immigration because I think transiting in HK normally does not require that procedure.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11