Like Tree17Likes

Do I need to renew my contract?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

If possible use a lawyer to process your dependent visa. If you do it on your own they will ask a lot of questions. Having a lawyer do it for you will add more credibility to your request.

Well he just proposed and planning a wedding is not easy. We have to prepare a lot of stuff etc. at least 6 months before, plus we already reserved the date Jan 6 for our wedding.

he's american citizen and working here sponsored by a company

If they ask a lot of question then we are ready to answer them. We're at the right age to get married. He's 30 and and Im 28, never been married before, no children. We've been together for more than 2 years and obviously we've been together before he hired me. We have a lot of proof, pictures, travel together, emails we chat etc. to prove that our relationship is real. So I don't think there will be a problem with the immigration, but Im still a bit worried.

Quote Originally Posted by jen8710:
    If they ask a lot of question then we are ready to answer them. We're at the right age to get married. He's 30 and and Im 28, never been married before, no children. We've been together for more than 2 years and obviously we've been together before he hired me. We have a lot of proof, pictures, travel together, emails we chat etc. to prove that our relationship is real. So I don't think there will be a problem with the immigration, but Im still a bit worried.
    I would be worried. If you were in a relationship before you were his employee they might think your FDH visa was fraudulent...you need legal advice.

well thats easy to answer. that's the only way that we could be together. plus he needed help too. I clean the house, I wash his clothes I cook for him, walk his dog. Everything that a helper does.

and I am asking if I still have to renew the contract or just apply for extension of stay!

you can't just simply say "well, that's easy to answer". it's still different. you can't be boastful to an immigration officer.

it's better to say that you both develop feelings to each other while you are working with him. this case, they cannot act negatively 'coz it really happens since you are both single and living in the same house.
    I guess, it's better not to renew your contract. come here as a visitor, do visa run on macau. and on december when u enter HK, you can stay until u got married and applied for dependent. but need to leave HK after that.

they won't think that there's a false representation from the start. and ur dependent's visa will be easily approved. but if u want to have these lots of troubles and long wait for ur visa, then tell the truth like what u insist. remember, you and ur fiance already lied from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by jen8710:
    and I am asking if I still have to renew the contract or just apply for extension of stay!
    I believe this has been answered in "seek legal advice". Your case is far from straightforward and I would definitely err on the side of caution before things become an issue.

I am no lawyer but "yes I have committed fraud with my employment visa as it was the only way i could stay" is not generally met with "Well done for beating the system" from the HK immigration authorities when dealing with DH issues.

Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

what's wrong If we've been together before he hired me? I think being honest is still the best way, and it's not about the contract anyway. we just have to prove that the marriage is not a sham, which is easy.

Thanks for the advice anyway.