Need to be in States while processing HK work permit?

Closed Thread

Need to be in States while processing HK work permit?

I am a Singapore citizen and currently working in US. I will be posted to HK soon and would like to go back Singapore for a short visit while waiting for my work permit to be approved. Do I need to be physically present in States to process the permit or being in Singapore is ok?

Thanks,

probably best to talk to immigration directly. maybe you could provide your singaporean address to them and have them send the visa to you there?

So long as they know where to issue the visa you will be fine. Make sure the correct address is on your application.

You just need to make sure that any correspondence that Immigration might send you in the way of additional requests for information gets attended to. I was asked for some additional information and was given 30 days to provide it. It went to my Hong Kong business address while I was in Canada but there was someone there to read it to me so I could get the information together.

I don't think it matters where you are, just don't miss any deadlines because you didn't get the mail.

Great! I can book my ticket now.

Thanks!