Like Tree1Likes

BOOM! Bank statement without funds movement

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

thank you for the reply)

could you please also, if you have extra time to consult me regarding remaining questions?

my appreciation.

also, i just checked the iformation.

since im now in hk and not in home country, i cannot come to the bank office to get a statement issued and sealed, they do not offer post delivery abroad. i can only generate a statement without money movement (balance only) and with no real seal (only facsimile) online. My bank assures that it has same legal force and immigration can check it by calling to bank with statement reference no. they say they will confirm that it is genuine.

ahh, i thing that fairly no immigrationofficer will care about restrictions of my bamk or of my country. what whould you advise to do?

As per the immigration officer's advice at the time, when we did my dependent visa 7 years ago, we stuck $200000 in an account and all we gave them was an ATM receipt. Things might have changed.

does it mean that atm receipt doesnt contain funds movement? was that a local bank?
    also, i believe that now I need to show more, even despite we need 10k per month.

Last edited by eStudent; 03-11-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dashwood:
    As per the immigration officer's advice at the time, when we did my dependent visa 7 years ago, we stuck $200000 in an account and all we gave them was an ATM receipt. Things might have changed.
    Was that attached to a student visa or employment one?

The monthly minimum was estimated at around $15k pm but the general consensus is that it's around $20K pm now.

Quote Originally Posted by eStudent:
    does it mean that atm receipt doesnt contain funds movement? was that a local bank?
    also, i believe that now I need to show more, even despite we need 10k per month.
    ATM receipt...just a cash balance, not a statement. HSBC. I'm guessing they figure if you can cobble 200k together, you're safe. Lots of people have means that don't have 200k in the bank...it doesn't matter if there is movement in your bank account or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Was that attached to a student visa or employment one?

The monthly minimum was estimated at around $15k pm but the general consensus is that it's around $20K pm now.
    Dependent visa...HK spouse.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dashwood:
    Dependent visa...HK spouse.
    Thanks for explaining. There does sometimes seem to be a bit more 'grace' when the sponsor is PR.

Lord Dashwood,

That explains why you have been approved. 1. HK spouse which usually lowers the minimum balance requirement and 2. Total decent amount in 1 account in local bank which they can easily check.

Lord Dashwood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eStudent:
    Lord Dashwood,

That explains why you have been approved. 1. HK spouse which usually lowers the minimum balance requirement and 2. Total decent amount in 1 account in local bank which they can easily check.
    Ah...it's not clear what the visa status of the sponsor is in this thread. What you said makes sense though. Thank you.