Like Tree9Likes

Visa help/advice

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Same - no degree here but extensive, relevant experience

Fiona in HKG likes this.

I'd say you would have a better chance to continue working in the airline industry with your extensive experience there. But yeah as long as the company can prove that your skills are not available in the local pool, you should be OK. But I am guessing that English proficiency and extensive customer service experience is not enough. That said, my employer was able to get that for me though I changed industries too. So I do think it's doable.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Check the airlines here and see if you can get a job working in one of the lounges at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Check the airlines here and see if you can get a job working in one of the lounges at the airport.
    Good option but the airport lounges here would need someone with local language ability as management of the lounges includes a lot of staffing matters. From what I know, there are no expatriates in the management of the lounges except for the GM level.

In my case (unfinished degree with years of directly related experience AND prior rejection, plus they can't fill the role for nearly a year already), they went past those aspects and focused more on what the role is about and what's so special about me (I believe they asked my manager for a justification paper). So I think you have to build a strong case in that area.

You have to be patient – it took my employer months and lots of paperwork.

Fiona in HKG likes this.