Like Tree8Likes

2 (or maybe 10) year China visa for UK passports - '£85'

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Question 2-year visa now available in London, what about HK...?

Reviving this old thread...

The Chinese Embassy in the UK says it will now issue 2-year visas for UK passport holders (and hints at 5- or 10-year visas...)
    Chinese Embassy and Consulates in the UK to Issue Two-year Multi-entry Visas to British Nationals
    Anyone on here got experience of procuring one of these visas?
    Meanwhile, no mention of it on the HK visa-issuing office:
    Visa to China
    Anyone know if such fantastical things are already or shall soon be available from HK?

As an Australian passport holder (with HKPR), I just got a 3 year China visa in Hong Kong last week. I asked for 10 years but they told me to get stuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    As an Australian passport holder (with HKPR), I just got a 3 year China visa in Hong Kong last week. I asked for 10 years but they told me to get stuffed.
    I applied for a 3 year and was given a 10 year visa. This was last year at the Chinese consulate at Wanchai so perhaps it matters where you file your request. I have since applied for a Home Return Permit and am waiting to see if they issue me one. This should do away with the VIsa BS.
    MBC likes this.

Only passport holders from three countries are eligible for visa free entry to China - Japan, Singapore and Brunei. I wonder why these get special treatments.

My sister and her friend applied for visas to China recently in London. Both are British passport holders and both paid the same price (can't remember if it was GBP85 or GBP120). Neither have been to China before. My sister got a 2 year visa whilst her friend got a single entry visa. No explanation given for the discrepancy.

Quote Originally Posted by kma88:
    Only passport holders from three countries are eligible for visa free entry to China - Japan, Singapore and Brunei. I wonder why these get special treatments.
    Singapore << Strange ..as PRCs need a visa for Singapore and quite a few get turned away at the border.

Quote Originally Posted by jrdwilkinson:
    Reviving this old thread...

The Chinese Embassy in the UK says it will now issue 2-year visas for UK passport holders (and hints at 5- or 10-year visas...)
    Chinese Embassy and Consulates in the UK to Issue Two-year Multi-entry Visas to British Nationals
    Anyone on here got experience of procuring one of these visas?
    Meanwhile, no mention of it on the HK visa-issuing office:
    Visa to China
    Anyone know if such fantastical things are already or shall soon be available from HK?

In HK, from the official government visa issuing place, you have to get single or double visa first, then 6 month visa, before you can get a year visa with UK passport, but if you have right to abode, after a year visa expires you can get 3 year visa for same price for a year visa (hkd2380)

In regards to 2 year visa to China, only applies to UK applicants, not hk application, to be honest, if you live in UK, what are the chances to visit China more than a twice within 2 years (unless you frequently travel from UK to hk often)

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    In HK, from the official government visa issuing place, you have to get single or double visa first, then 6 month visa, before you can get a year visa with UK passport, but if you have right to abode, after a year visa expires you can get 3 year visa for same price for a year visa (hkd2380)

In regards to 2 year visa to China, only applies to UK applicants, not hk application, to be honest, if you live in UK, what are the chances to visit China more than a twice within 2 years (unless you frequently travel from UK to hk often)
    "...if you live in UK, what are the chances to visit China more than a twice within 2 years..."

Plenty of (Mainland) Chinese have emigrated to the UK and now hold UK passports. Their trips would likely to be frequent.

imparanoic - I live in HK and have had many of these china visas over the years - my UK-issued passport is now full of them!

The ability to get one from within HK would be hugely advantageous for those of us running out of passport pages... guess a visit to the visa-issuing place on Gloucester Rd might be in order to find out for sure... though would love to avoid that...

Quote Originally Posted by jrdwilkinson:
    imparanoic - I live in HK and have had many of these china visas over the years - my UK-issued passport is now full of them!

The ability to get one from within HK would be hugely advantageous for those of us running out of passport pages... guess a visit to the visa-issuing place on Gloucester Rd might be in order to find out for sure... though would love to avoid that...
    You can get a year visa from wan Chai government issuing place, probably get a 3 year visa if you have right to abode status