ROP 145 Verification of ROA

Closed Thread

ROP 145 Verification of ROA

If I was born in HK to parents who were both HK Chinese Nationals at the time, will I still need to fill out the ROP 145 Verification of ROA form when i apply for my first HKID in Hong Kong?

I emigrated to Australia when I was 8 years old. I have my HK birth certificate and my parents BTDC passports with me.

I tried applying for HKSAR passport and pic by overseas resident but was denied. They notified my cousin in HK. Trying to get details why!

Sam

I don't think you need to. I simply went to the nearest chinese embassy, asked for the forms for application for hkid + hksar passport. Filled in the forms, gave them photos, let them sight my original birth cert, gave them fingerprints (+ other things maybe but forgot now as it was a few years back) and a few weeks later, i got my hkid +hksar passport at the embassy. no need to travel to hk! i actually went to the sydney office and honestly, the staff there have no idea what they are doing and know very little about hk immigration stuff.

Do you have an old HKID card? If you do, you can just apply for a new one in Hong Kong, with that and other appropriate documents.

It seems like lots of people have had trouble getting a HKSAR passport from the embassies though, based on the posts here.

If he left HK at the age of 8 he is unlikely to have a HKID card (only issued at age 11).