Like Tree9Likes

Please help ! about visa for china

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help ! about visa for china

hey guys i'm stuck in a big trouble about my china visa.

I had applied for my visa around 15 days ago and I tried to visit chinese embassy to collect my passport.

the thing happened here, I remember I had received a ticket when I applied my visa.

However, I just thought it is just a receipt that I don't need to keep.

But, the officer in chinese embassy told me I can't bring my passport back without that ticket.

I also heard that I need to send a letter to someone but I don't anything about it exactly.

I've tried to call their live answering telephone but they never pick up my call.
    (we all know how they work like haha)

Anyway, I really need your help guys!!

Last edited by calixkim; 01-02-2016 at 10:33 AM.

FFS is this some kind of a windup? Try focussing on the world around you instead of your smartphone or whatever else you were doing when they told you what you needed to do. You seriously expect to just pick up a passport without some proof that you left it there in the first place? And now they gave you instructions as to what to do now and you forgot them? Next time, take a responsible adult with you when you do serious things and get them to help.

Mamba, calixkim, MandM! and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by calixkim:
    hey guys i'm stuck in a big trouble about my china visa.

I had applied for my visa around 15 days ago and I tried to visit chinese embassy to collect my passport.

the thing happened here, I remember I had received a ticket when I applied my visa.

However, I just thought it is just a receipt that I don't need to keep.

But, the officer in chinese embassy told me I can't bring my passport back without that ticket.

I also heard that I need to send a letter to someone but I don't anything about it exactly.

I've tried to call their live answering telephone but they never pick up my call.
    (we all know how they work like haha)

Anyway, I really need your help guys!!
    have you asked the chinese embassy how to retrieve your passport without this ticket? what passport do you hold?
    calixkim likes this.

dammnn you so dope!

i just thought i could find at home so i didn't ask them deeply (it's my fault) but i just can remember they told me i need to send a letter but i don't know what it is exactly.. i'm holding an ordinary passport from korea.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    have you asked the chinese embassy how to retrieve your passport without this ticket? what passport do you hold?

oo

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    Last edited by calixkim; 01-02-2016 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by calixkim:
    i just thought i could find at home so i didn't ask them deeply (it's my fault) but i just can remember they told me i need to send a letter but i don't know what it is exactly.. i'm holding an ordinary passport from korea.
    i think you need to write to them like this

" Dear customer service representative

I am writing in regards to my lost receipt for passport visa application

Please can you tell how I retrieve my passport

Many thanks for your assistance

Best regards
    "

this is an example

Whilst not keeping the receipt was not the smartest move alive, let's not be too harsh here - it's her passport. There shouldn't be any problem handing it back to her as it is her photo ID! Also, this is the China embassy we're talking about. Their rules are as clear as mud and change on the whim of the person you speak to.

This happened to me under slightly different circumstances (my wallet was stolen with the receipt in it). Imparanoic's example isn't too far from what you need. Just explain what happened, asked for your passport back and they will give back to you within about 48 hours.

imparanoic and MandM! like this.

umm.... u mean i need to send the letter to the chinese embassy right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    Whilst not keeping the receipt was not the smartest move alive, let's not be too harsh here - it's her passport. There shouldn't be any problem handing it back to her as it is her photo ID! Also, this is the China embassy we're talking about. Their rules are as clear as mud and change on the whim of the person you speak to.

This happened to me under slightly different circumstances (my wallet was stolen with the receipt in it). Imparanoic's example isn't too far from what you need. Just explain what happened, asked for your passport back and they will give back to you within about 48 hours.

Easier to apply for a new passport. Good luck.

wtbhotia likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast