Like Tree10Likes

Lost HK ID overseas

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lost HK ID overseas

Hi all,
    I need a little help on what I should do here. I'm currently traveling in Italy and had my HK ID stolen. I have dual citizenship with HK and US and at the moment, I only have my US passport on me. How do I enter HK? I'm afraid if I enter with US passport then HK has no record of me entering or I'm subject to 90 day stay.

I don't have time to go to the chinese embassy and there isn't one nearby. What are my options?

Thanks for the help.

For certain is to get a police report in Italy to list it as stolen!!
    Then, MAKE time to go to the Chinese embassy. It's the same if your US passport was stolen and you had to enter the USA.

Last edited by Hurtmesome; 05-02-2016 at 05:14 AM.

You can easily enter hk with your us passport, then apply for hkid card replacement, which the appointment can be arranged online

Morrison and shri like this.

1) Go to police and get a police report
    2) Come back and enter with your USA passport - upon entry, feel free to let the immigration guy know about your situation.
    3) Go to the tower in Wanchai (or any of the other offices) to get replacement

imparanoic likes this.

It is not a problem. Gone through the process. Enter with your USA passport. Tell the immigration officer your HK ID card number. Go to immigration office and apply for new ID Card

shri likes this.

Again, just to reinforce what the last few posts have said.

No need to do anything - really.

Not had a problem entering without my ID, even though my passport does not have a visa sticker. IMMD has your ID card number and finger print to verify you.

Thanks for all the help! I feel better (as best that I can) knowing coming back isn't a problem.

Wow, stand corrected. Wish I knew this 12y ago. Would have saved me a whole lot of trouble

wtbhotia and HowardCoombs like this.

It could be a hassle at immigration; I remember entering HK without a HKID card due to having misplaced it in my parents' house in the UK. Massive headache. What can happen now in the UK (Heathrow) is that the staff at security/check in is ask to see HKID cards pre-boarding.

If you book a one way flight,that might actually happen.

On a side note, some countries want to see HK passport AND HK ID for visa free access,
    one officially

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast