I have a question concerning processing of the application completed and reply sent. What does it mean? Does it mean my application has been successful or rejected?

Closed Thread

I have a question concerning processing of the application completed and reply sent. What does it mean? Does it mean my application has been successful or rejected?

Can anyone please tell me?

You need to make the title a bit more detailed in order for people to tell you!

What was the reply? Was it an automated message?

Apologies for the misunderstanding. I lodged an application for verification of Permanent Residence Card 1 month ago and now have checked the status and it shows processing of the application completed and reply sent.

It was an update from the IMMD website.

Thanks

It means they have sent you a letter stating the result.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    It means they have sent you a letter stating the result.

Was it approved or rejected?

Why weren't they more specific?
    Just wonder !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jarvous:
    Can anyone please tell me?
    It was rejected. If the application was approved, it would say so explicitly on the web site, but the generic reply is used for rejections.

Source: Is the Hong Kong Immigration Department website on line application status check a particularly useful resource for visa applicants?

Quote Originally Posted by jarvous:

Why weren't they more specific?
    Just wonder !!!
    I don't understand why the website can't detail the reasons for your rejection online. But all the details are in the letter.