Like Tree27Likes

Shenzhen visa

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Just looking at a daytrip, early and late trains.

But yes, asking for passport number for a ticket s new to me. When did that come in?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin3:
    So if the country is not listed, then it is the default price? Or...?

e.g., someone told me that French can't get that visa.....
    As far as I know French CAN NOT get the 5 day visa.

Yes, passports are scanned, but they don't check the visa. Yes, the hotel will check the visa, once they input the (expired) 5-day SZ visa number into their system at a hotel in Beijing.. Nothing happened.

Just looking at a daytrip, early and late trains.

But yes, asking for passport number for a ticket s new to me. When did that come in?
    The idea is to cut down on ticket touts - either a Chinese ID card or foreign passport number is printed on to the ticket.

I took picture of that chart today, it's exactly the same as last time, and the time before.

Then I ask...

Q: Can French get the 5 day SZ visa?

A: No.

Q: Only French can't?

A: No, many....

Q: Many... like.....?

A: French, Indian, USA.....

Q: But on the display outside it said American can...?

A: Hahaha, it's not updated.

This was the reply from one border guard on this day. Another border guard on another day may have a different answer....

So in short, FR, US and IN can't get the 5-day visa!

With that uncertainty I will check if the UK fee is still 304 next time I go.

bdw, Claire ex-ax, shri and 4 others like this.

As with everything related to China visas there is no clarity and the rules and processes will change with the wind according to the whim of Beijing and the immigration officer you talk to on the day.

If you are concerned make sure you get your visa in advance, if not just rock up and see what happens. People can give you tips and tell you what happened yesterday or last week but you never can never truly know 100% until you go through the process.

yep, that's why I was hoping they had a up-to-date website for that visa.....

Ok, will go at Easter and Hope. Plan B will be Macau.

He probably meant to say " will change with the wind, but not in your favour" .

So, Go West

yep, that's why I was hoping they had a up-to-date website for that visa.....

Ok, will go at Easter and Hope. Plan B will be Macau.
    Even if there was an up to date website, I would not trust it to provide reliable information. As an example, the Visa Office in Hong Kong does have a website: Important Reminders for Your Visa Application

Point 5 states:

5. Applicants who do not enjoy HK resident status should apply for visas with the Chinese Embassies or Consulates General in their countries of citizenship or residence.
    This regulation is actually not enforced for most nationalities at present; however, it is occasionally enforced - I think the last time was in 2008 during the Olympics. By having this regulation online, Chinese authorities were able to say that there had been no change in policy regarding the issuing of visas in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Even if there was an up to date website, I would not trust it to provide reliable information. As an example, the Visa Office in Hong Kong does have a website: Important Reminders for Your Visa Application

Point 5 states:

This regulation is actually not enforced for most nationalities at present; however, it is occasionally enforced - I think the last time was in 2008 during the Olympics. By having this regulation online, Chinese authorities were able to say that there had been no change in policy regarding the issuing of visas in Hong Kong.
    They enforced the no visa without HKID policy for a bit in 2014, but if you used an agent you could get around it.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    As far as I know French CAN NOT get the 5 day visa.

Yes, passports are scanned, but they don't check the visa. Yes, the hotel will check the visa, once they input the (expired) 5-day SZ visa number into their system at a hotel in Beijing.. Nothing happened.
    the hotel will check your visa, by regulation the hotel will send your information to the public security bureau

China Strengthens Enforcement of 24-Hour Registration Rule for Foreigners - China Briefing News