Like Tree27Likes

Shenzhen visa

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    macau is so small, might as well walk to the official government visa issuing office in macao
    And wait in the queue for 4 hours? I used to do it for my multi-entry visas, but no way I'd do it just for a day or two in Zhuhai.

Note that the Zhuhai VoA is only valid for 3 days, not for 5.
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chingleutsch:
    And wait in the queue for 4 hours? I used to do it for my multi-entry visas, but no way I'd do it just for a day or two in Zhuhai.

Note that the Zhuhai VoA is only valid for 3 days, not for 5.
    I recall the wait at wan Chai official government Visa issuing office only around 40 minutes

It's surely less in macau as few expats live there, mainland people don't go there nor the locals

As far as I know Macau has a similar short term visa for Zhuhai.

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/emb...sa/service.htm

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    I recall the wait at wan Chai official government Visa issuing office only around 40 minutes

It's surely less in macau as few expats live there, mainland people don't go there nor the locals
    Not my experience ... because of Macau's "flexible" approach to Laura Norder, as well as expats, travel agents with huge stacks of passports, and Taiwanese applying for visas, you also see a lot of North Korean, Russian/ ex-Soviet and dodgy-looking Latin American "businessmen" there.

Of course, they might have cleaned things up in recent years, but the apartment complex behind the nearby Casa Real hotel still has blocks known locally as Little Pyongyang, Little Vladivostok, Little Bangkok (I wonder what that's famous for??).

Some updates about the 5 Day Shenzhen Visa.

Indonesians, previous couldn't, but can get the 5-day visa since a few month.

Here is a bigger piece of news: You now get the 5-day visa ONLY if you have been to China before. Means you have a China visa in your passport. Otherwise you will be send back to Hong Kong.

Bringing an old passport with a China visa in it is fine, works too.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Here is a bigger piece of news: You now get the 5-day visa ONLY if you have been to China before. Means you have a China visa in your passport. Otherwise you will be send back to Hong Kong.

Bringing an old passport with a China visa in it is fine, works too.
    Thanks for the update! Do you by any chance have any information on the specifics? I have never obtained a Chinese visa but I was in China before for several days on the Shanghai visa free transit rule which means I have Chinese entry/exit stamps and a landing permit in my passport. Would that suffice? Thanks!

Answering my own question:

Updated 5-Day Shenzhen visa on arrival to China

It says here that you only need to have previous Chinese visas if you have Indonesian or Filipino passport.

Quote Originally Posted by oktohk:
    Answering my own question:

Updated 5-Day Shenzhen visa on arrival to China

It says here that you only need to have previous Chinese visas if you have Indonesian or Filipino passport.
    Didnt u read the comment at the end by some guy who got rejected earlier this month??

Luis Corte

16/06/2017, 00:32:43
    Hy guys,
    Just to let you now that :
    If you have an new passport (less than 1 year) you have to show your old passport or you WILL BE DENIED and after you have to go to Hongkong china building resourses back to Hongkong downtown (pain in the ass, photos, hotel proff, 1 day waiting)

I did but I've considered the 'having previous Chinese visas' and 'having a passport issued >1 year ago' to be different rules. Anyway, it is really inconvenient that the Shenzhen SEZ does not publish official rules for the SEZ visa anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by oktohk:
    I did but I've considered the 'having previous Chinese visas' and 'having a passport issued >1 year ago' to be different rules. Anyway, it is really inconvenient that the Shenzhen SEZ does not publish official rules for the SEZ visa anywhere.

I rather sit and wait at 'mini winter Harbin' in Wan chai China Visa office.

They don't seem to be standardised. One day in Summer, I get a visa with no problems with photocopies. Next day in Autumn , they want me to spill every single detail with official letters. And the next winter, the lady who has dealt with me over the counter a lot to the point of remembering me, said she will do me a favor and she ticked multi entry. Pay she said and my problems will be over until the next ...year.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6