Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Shenzhen visa

Shenzhen visa

Does anyone know of any Chinese government or SZ SEZ government website that gives the current situation for getting a Shenzhen SEZ visa at the boarder?
    I can only find travel and blog sites giving information from months or years ago.
    I also hear rumours that such visas no longer exist for some/all nationalities. But I can find no official website with details.

Does anyone have a link to such a website?
    Thanks.

Was there anything ever official? I remember a photo posted on geoexpat being taken of a sign at the border listing the various nationalities and corresponding prices, but that was about official as it got. From my memory, the price is 160 rmb for most nationalities (must pay in rmb); British passport holders pay a little more; nationals of countries which annoy China find they cannot get the visa for a few months.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

How to Visit China Without A Visa (Shenzhen 5 Day Visa – from Hong Kong)

http://www.olinorwell.com/how-to-vis...rom-hong-kong/
    Last edited by shri; 12-02-2016 at 03:33 PM.
    imparanoic and itsdawn like this.

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake
    nationals of countries which annoy China find they cannot get the visa for a few months.
    Whilst at the same time, nationals of China's biggest arch enemy (Japan) can travel to Shenzhen completely free of any visa. There is simply no rhyme or reason to China's logic whatsoever.
    Last edited by bdw; 12-02-2016 at 02:28 PM.

Snoopy, thanks yes that is one if the blogs I'd found.. .
    If there's no official government website about it, has anyone done it say, this month?

what passport do you hold would probably be a better info for this thread so that ppl who have crossed over can give you a definite answer.

Lord Dashwood likes this.

That's true, unless such visas have stopped overall.

I hold UK and NZ passports.
    But if, say, a French person did it yesterday, they might not have noticed whether it is possible for my nationalities.
    Great if they did, or someone has a photo of the info board from this week (Snoopy's link IS really useful, just a little out of date), but also useful if anyone knows of an official website with the info.

The Brits are saying today that China has committed a “serious breach” of a longstanding bilateral treaty - so who knows what might happen! New Zealand - do they ever upset anyone?

But, if I was in Hong Kong for any length of time I'd be getting a regular visa.

Last edited by drumbrake; 12-02-2016 at 03:39 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

An official website? Too 'official' for something so mercurial.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

There is no official website about the 5-day SEZ visa.

There are a few passport holders that should not go there, either because they simply can't, or get a huge visa fee, that is UK, FR, US (and a few more from some obscure and hard to pronounce places). I posted a picture a few month ago. Should be still valid.

Fee is as far as I remember RMB168 - and you must pay in RMB.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast