Visa tolerance after quitting a job

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I disagree on that - even if your employer has notified ImmD they don't force you to leave (or at least I have never heard of such a case, and I know of a few people who have stayed for several months looking for a new job), although they may encourage you to do so, particularly if it is clear that you aren't actively seeking a new job here.

Visa

Hi all,

Can someone please confirm if it's possible to get your working visa transferred over to a different company?

Cheers

You can apply for a transfer of sponsor, but the criteria are the same as those when you originally apply - the new sponsor has to show why they cannot get a HK Permanent Resident for the job.

Thanks PDLM

Opening Business while holding a working visa

Folks,

I was wondering about the impropriety of registering a business in my name while working for a firm in an unrelated industry.

So even while I am here under a sponsored contract, do I have to report when registering or opening a business or do I have to take partnership with a local.?

From an immigration point of view you cannot be employed in any other business whilst on an Employment Visa.

However, there is no restriction on you registering and owning a business provided you aren't employed by it in Hong Kong. No visa is required to own a HK business.

Whether it is against the terms of your employment contract is a matter between you and your employer, but again I doubt there would be an issue if there if no conflict of interest.