Like Tree124Likes

Dependent visa processing time.

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast

Dependant visa

Hi I would like to know its been six weeks and still shows as processing submitted all the documents does that mean most likely I will get it because they havent asked for any more documents in these six weeks

Hi, I would like some advice/help on my husband's dependent visa. We applied in March 2018 and have submitted additional docs (pretty much similar to what they asked in the previous letters). It's been more than 14months and the officer keeps saying they need more time to proces. My husband is not in HK (he is in home country ). In the last docs that I submitted they asked for the applicant's current and future living arrangement, and it's been 4weeks since I submitted those docs, but still no update from the immigration. Btw, we are both South Asians and I am a permanent resident in HK. Any thoughts?

To be honest, it rarely takes this long, even for South Asians, it takes around 6-7 months, maybe your documents have some problem?

Actually, my husband was living in HK as an asylum seeker for almost 10 years and was sent back to home country after we got married and was asked to wait there until his visa processes. Regarding the docs we have submitted all according to their requests and should meet their requirements.

as an asylum seeker for almost 10 years
    @sweetlife2018 - You may meet requirements - however, the whole asylum seeker who has been returned to the home country issue is not easy to overcome.

Here's another thread: https://geoexpat.com/forum/54/thread349925.html

@shri how long does it normally takes because we have been waiting for 15months now.

Asylum seekers take long time, I know someone whose visa took 3 years.

chuckster007 likes this.

Hi, I would like a quick suggestion or an opinion. So I wrote an email to the immigration department to enquiry about my husband's DV application status. After 6 days, the case officer sent me a letter asking only for 1 doc only (sponsor's accommodation). In the previous docs that we have submitted the sponsor's accommodation was husband's apartment, which he shared with his friend. So the current tendency agree doesn't have sponsor's name on it. Now, we want to rent a new place on sponsor's name by signing a new tenancy agreement, so we can submit to the officer. Also, the new place would be near by the new job that the sponsor has gotten, which is a solid reason to sign a new contract, which is closer to the new work place.Any thoughts ??

I need help my wife hk born I'm indian we submit all documents 18 july now almost 5 week gone so now how much we wait more anyone know about this

Quote Originally Posted by mandeepb
    I need help my wife hk born I'm indian we submit all documents 18 july now almost 5 week gone so now how much we wait more anyone know about this
    Only the Immigration Department knows.

Just wait like everyone else has to.
    chuckster007 likes this.

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast