Like Tree7Likes

Can my HK PR child sponsor me?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Can my HK PR child sponsor me?

Both my wife and I are in HK on working visas and both hold passports from other countries
    Our daughter was born in HK and obtained HK PR & HK Passport through Chinese descent

Is there some way our daughter can sponsor our visas?

Quote Originally Posted by drd88:
    Both my wife and I are in HK on working visas and both hold passports from other countries
    Our daughter was born in HK and obtained HK PR & HK Passport through Chinese descent

Is there some way our daughter can sponsor our visas?
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo LOL unless your daughter is an adult and is working and your both over 60 years old

his/her parent aged 60 or above.
    the sponsor is able to support the dependant's living at a standard well above the subsistence level and provide him/her with suitable accommodation in the HKSAR.
    Dependants | Immigration Department
    emx and imparanoic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo LOL unless your daughter is an adult and is working and your both over 60 years old
    Perhaps dependant visa is not the right action. We all hold different citizenships/passports and no matter what country we live in one of us will have visa problems. I thought there might be some way to centralize us all in HK without the condition of entry hinging on a visa through our employer

Your wife could get a dependant visa of your work visa which frees her up to find any work in HK (without requiring work visa) where as you would be stuck to your Employer. Unfortunately that is the only way I reckon.

How did your daughter get Chinese Citizenship by descend if neither the parents have it? Or do both of you hold Mainland passports?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    How did your daughter get Chinese Citizenship by descend if neither the parents have it? Or do both of you hold Mainland passports?
    Born in HK + one parent must be of 'chinese history' and my wife is malaysian chinese which qualified my daughter for HK instantly upon birth

Neither of us have mainland passports which means daughter has ROA but we do not. It's an interesting position to be in

Born in HK + one parent must be of 'chinese history' and my wife is malaysian chinese which qualified my daughter for HK instantly upon birth
    TIL.... First time I've heard about this possibility. The law says "
    A Chinese citizen born in Hong Kong"

Interesting to hear that some Chinese heritage is enough without either parent having Chinese citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    TIL.... First time I've heard about this possibility. The law says "
    A Chinese citizen born in Hong Kong"

Interesting to hear that some Chinese heritage is enough without either parent having Chinese citizenship.
    TIL?
    Her father is Chinese

TIL = Today I learned

Her father is Chinese
    Eh?? Even more confused now, you just said earlier that your wife is Malaysian Chinese and now you're saying your Chinese also, What kind of Chinese are you

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast