Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By aquabo
  • 1 Post By hullexile
  • 1 Post By aquabo
  • 1 Post By TAFG

How much salary need to show in offer letter for extension of IANG visa

Closed Thread

How much salary need to show in offer letter for extension of IANG visa

I have got PhD in Electronic Engineering Dept from City University of Hong Kong. After my graduation, recently on January 2016 I have got IANG visa which will expire on January 2017. As I came to know that if at the end of this one year of IANG visa, if I can show a job offer letter to immigration then I can extend my visa. Anyone, could you please tell how much salary offer letter should I get to ensure the extension of IANG visa?
    Thank you so much.
    Regards.

Well, your salary should reflect the salary of a professional in the prevailing market. The whole issue is about immigration risk, so you will not have a fixed amount. But, your monthly salary should be more than $20,000/month in order to live in HK, so that would be a rough idea.

TTF likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aquabo:
    Well, your salary should reflect the salary of a professional in the prevailing market. The whole issue is about immigration risk, so you will not have a fixed amount. But, your monthly salary should be more than $20,000/month in order to live in HK, so that would be a rough idea.
    Thank you so much. Could you please tell, is it ok if I do job not exactly related to my study area. Suppose in a business organization as a Research Executive position but my study area is Electronic Engineering. I am trying to get job in my field and as I need to stay in HK, so for the time being I am doing this job but if at the end of my 1 year of IANG visa, if I cant manage my area related job then is it ok to show this current job to extend my visa?
    Thank you so much.
    Kind regards.

Quote Originally Posted by TTF:
    Thank you so much. Could you please tell, is it ok if I do job not exactly related to my study area. Suppose in a business organization as a Research Executive position but my study area is Electronic Engineering. I am trying to get job in my field and as I need to stay in HK, so for the time being I am doing this job but if at the end of my 1 year of IANG visa, if I cant manage my area related job then is it ok to show this current job to extend my visa?
    Thank you so much.
    Kind regards.
    I would think many people get a job not exactly related to their study so I would not worry about that.
    TTF likes this.

The whole idea is, how will u benefit Hong Kong?

You have to frame your story so that you r not stealing jobs from local. Rather, your job nature should be nurturing local.

Rather your industry and your education matches up or not is just a justification.

TTF likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aquabo:
    The whole idea is, how will u benefit Hong Kong?

You have to frame your story so that you r not stealing jobs from local. Rather, your job nature should be nurturing local.

Rather your industry and your education matches up or not is just a justification.
    Thank you so much for your nice explanation.
    Kind regards.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I would think many people get a job not exactly related to their study so I would not worry about that.
    Thank you so much for your kind reply.
    Kind regards.

IANG renew application also rely on how the employer presents to IMMD

TTF likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TAFG:
    IANG renew application also rely on how the employer presents to IMMD

Thank you so much for the information.
    Best Regards.