Like Tree6Likes

Can I apply for dependent visa in the UK?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Do not send your passport. They will send you the visa for you to stick in your passport.

wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Hunter:
    Do not send your passport. They will send you the visa for you to stick in your passport.
    Great! Thanks! I was just confused by what it says on the website. I think it means if applicant goes in person then He/she should bring their passport. I guess by post there is no need then!

An update:

So I've posted my husband's application form together with financial proofs (HK & UK Bank statements, insurance etc), a job offer letter from a HK company, a letter explaining that I don't have much fund in HK as I've been living in the UK.

Posted it off early April, it arrived HK Immigration on 12 April.
    Heard nothing for a month
    On 10 May, we emailed immigration asking for the reference number (so we can check the status online), they replied the next day on 11 May and asked for our names and DOB. Then heard nothing. Emailed again after a week, still no reply.

On 20 May, we received a letter by post dated 11 May saying that my husband's visa has been approved.

It is almost like after they received our first email on 10 May, that's when they went to look through his application.

I emailed the letter and an authorisation letter to a family member, she was able to collect it today.

Overall it has been an easy and quick process. However, this is the 3rd time my husband applying for a dependent visa, they might have taken this into account.

Thanks all for your help and hope this is useful to others in similar situation!